Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice sapphire there Silver :cool: , it could even be a broken tie pin with the shape of the leg and size of the setting.

Yeah it is nice and Blue,.. I was thinking saphire myself, but just didn't say(was looking for unbiased feed back),.. and maybe not a ring, as there is a thread out on the far end of the band type part(leg),... maybe it was a tye pin,.... looks a nice sky blue when you look through it with bright light behind it.

A stone in that condition must be real. If was fake would be in quite poor condition . But hey, might be wrong

I likey a lot Sandta,... maybe the little thread on the end is for a little ball to stop it pulling back through,... could it be for a nipple though ?
Sandta said:
That sounds more likely to be for a bellybutton piercing
Bellybutton bling baby! :lol:

Looks to nice to be fake TM,... I should buy one of those testers that tell you what it might be.
treasureman said:
A stone in that condition must be real. If was fake would be in quite poor condition . But hey, might be wrong

Looks like a real sapphire to me, if it is you hit real paydirt with that find Silver. Stone like that could be $500 - $1000 a carat. It's hard to tell whether it is real or not but well done anyway mate, awesome find.

silver said:
Looks to nice to be fake TM,... I should buy one of those testers that tell you what it might be.
treasureman said:

If you can remove the stone without damage, a specific gravity test will let you know, though you'll need scales that weigh in 0.01g increments.

That'd probably be like betting on a one horse race Jamie !,... Be good at odds though if you won !
jamie said:
my money is on a belly button bar

I should go out and find another one then Sandta,... Mrs Silver will be surprised(hee hee heee).
Sandta said:
Id like to see a pair of them nipple mounted.... ;)
Ooo La Laa... :lol:

Thanks Heatho,... looks like they didn't want that stone to fall out at all(pity the whole thing got lost),... only got the kitchen scales(old spring type too) so weighing would have to wait for the financier(Mrs Silver) to come to the party on the scales,.. Do those diamond testers give you any indication on if a stone is a Saphire at all ? or are they specificaly for finding out if a sone is a diamond only ?
Heatho said:
silver said:
treasureman said:

If you can remove the stone without damage, a specific gravity test will let you know, though you'll need scales that weigh in 0.01g increments.

If it is a real sapphire it wouldnt be on a nipple or belly ring. Too expensive for that kind of attatchment.. unless rhianna or someone quite wealthy owned it.
Looks quite old considering the condition of the silver. Google brooch. Youll notice they are all shapes and sizes, but hey maybe im wrong and its a nipple or belly ring. Or maybe a prince albert, owned by the prince lol named albert. Only kidding

silver said:
Thanks Heatho,... looks like they didn't want that stone to fall out at all(pity the whole thing got lost),... only got the kitchen scales(old spring type too) so weighing would have to wait for the financier(Mrs Silver) to come to the party on the scales,.. Do those diamond testers give you any indication on if a stone is a Saphire at all ? or are they specificaly for finding out if a sone is a diamond only ?
Heatho said:
silver said:
treasureman said:

Pretty sure they only work on Diamonds Silver. Ask a jeweler to have a look, they may have a better idea if they have done a gemology course, would be worth re-setting in something else if it is real.

Main thing that makes me think it's real is it looks old and silver was more widely used back early last century, silver was more valuable than it is now and perfect for a stone like that. Just my thoughts.

Once again,... another hunt since the 12th of May.
1433500888_sam_0989.jpg

1433500889_sam_0993.jpg

A couple of cheap copper rings.
1433500889_sam_0994.jpg

1433500889_sam_0995.jpg

No silver at all though.

Latest posts