Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate that was excellent !
That is truly inspirational stuff
You deserved a sovereign for that effort i reckon ..gee ,wouldnt that have been a prize :D
Great video ... Especially loved the comment to Rocket .... PRICELESS :lol:

Sandta said:
Mate that was excellent !
That is truly inspirational stuff
You deserved a sovereign for that effort i reckon ..gee ,wouldnt that have been a prize :D
Great video ... Especially loved the comment to Rocket .... PRICELESS :lol:

Oooohh,... now I'm going to be thinking it may be a Sovereign under the next tree root,... that would be nice,.. like all my Christmases coming at once Sandta.

Dave law said:
Could I suggest another way for extraction Plug cutter or hole saw with a cordless drill. Would make replacement so much easier & professional.

Gday DL,...You sure can, sounds like a plan,... maybe go in an inch and remove that with a chisel holus bolus if possible, and work down in increments using the propointer to make sure there is still room to move without damaging the target,... have you tried that method with success DL ?,... as I do have all the necessary equipment to undertake the task,... including the target below a thick root section that I have yet to recover.

Great video;

I was thinking for a while you needed longer fingers and then you said it :lol: and then the Rocket comment; I had to pick myself up off the floor. :D :lol:

Looking forward to your next video :cool:

No I haven't tried this technique It was just a idea I thought you might benefit from. You go to the trouble to record it May as well make it look good. Happy. Hunting. Cheers. Dave.

A chisel is probably more discreet, though I don't think a drill would attract the right sort of attention in a park. All I can say is that you are persistent and patient Silver, I would most likely put that in the too hard basket. :)

Hi Ho Silver,

You are a very patient man. I enjoyed watching your video and how you clearly demonstrate to the rest of the detecting community how to leave the dig site after retrieval of a target.

Ps. Were you a surgeon in a previous life? Was kinda like watching an appendix removal operation!

Cheers

RS

Wally69 said:
Great video;

I was thinking for a while you needed longer fingers and then you said it :lol: and then the Rocket comment; I had to pick myself up off the floor. :D :lol:

Looking forward to your next video :cool:
I'm about to go out and work on that next video in a few minutes Wally.

Dave law said:
No I haven't tried this technique It was just a idea I thought you might benefit from. You go to the trouble to record it May as well make it look good. Happy. Hunting. Cheers. Dave.
I'm taking the drill and hole saw with me this arvo DL.

Goldpick said:
A chisel is probably more discreet, though I don't think a drill would attract the right sort of attention in a park. All I can say is that you are persistent and patient Silver, I would most likely put that in the too hard basket. :)
Be in someone else's pocket then though GP.

Retirement Stone said:
Hi Ho Silver,

You are a very patient man. I enjoyed watching your video and how you clearly demonstrate to the rest of the detecting community how to leave the dig site after retrieval of a target.

Ps. Were you a surgeon in a previous life? Was kinda like watching an appendix removal operation!

Cheers

RS
Did a bit of study towards a degree in Horticulture RS, so instead of seeing the tree as just the outside I see it inside and out, sort of like a surgeon,... going in like a brain surgeon this arvo, with the drill and attachment for cutting the hole(thanks DL).

That's ok mate just trying to improve on our image in general using best practice on retrevial & restoration starting with minimal demage.

Can't wait to see the new updated video on recovery techniques With special thanks to D L. HaHa. Keep up the good work. Cheers. Dave.

Sandta said:
Sounds good , but just remember ,the plug will be about 5mm smaller in diameter than the hole cut :rolleyes:
That's what glue is for Sandta,... just wait and see what the old dig ended up looking like in this next video,... uploading to U-Tube as I type.

Latest posts