Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Willo, might have been a war time deal, I'm not sure why we would have had them struck over there instead of here, maybe the yanks had some spare melt and owed us one(at the time) or something.
MoneyBox, your missus found a beauty there, I've never seen anything like that before,... ever,...(well found Mrs MB).

Went down the beach for a while to have lunch and see off a relly,... thought I would like to give them some fresh silver to take on their journey, so started off the search and low and behold, heres one that won't get my final clean-up, as it's now long gone,... funny feeling to dig up silver one minute and give it away ten minutes later after a quick tap wash,... I was just so relieved to find the silver that I was imagining was there so easily, gave away the other few coppers as well(no photo of them), but I took a photo of the silver before it left my possession...... forever.
1947 Florin.
1427813418_sam_9950.jpg

Well,... I hear old Charles Garret has passed the post for the last time on the great race of life,... I miss him already,.... never got to meet him at all, but,... got to see into his mind through his books,..... that's how a person can live on, by leaving great traces of knowledge that can teach and educate those that come long after the fact,... with those people standing in awe at the increase of knowledge that they have gained from a remarkable man, though he be gone from this earth(even for many days) already.
Here is a link to the news posted on another forum that I found when searching to see this sad news.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2320981#post2320981
I know that with the passing of time the pain of loss will ease somewhat,.. but the memory of this man will not dim in the minds of many,.. many,.. people.
Mudguts said in his thread " sad day " that he would swing for Charles today,... I'm going to do as Mudguts does and slip out for a swing for Charles,.... I know it will make me feel better, and who knows what I could find.
So, as Charles Garrett would have said himself, " I'll see you in the field ".

Yeah RJ pocket watch(fob watch) parts,... never seen them this thin before,... possibly the first of the cheapies, whenever they started to happen.

I wish,
This one off the Webb is what it should have looked like TM.
1428655929_1942s_0001-350x3501.jpg

This one has more detail than mine and even this one from off the webb is a bit worn.
treasureman said:
1942 shilling is a minter mate. Nice looking. Brand spanka

I was trying to find the bent coin post that I was looking at the other day on here to post these pickys,... But try as I might I gave up after 30 minutes looking(sorry), so I'll just post them on here and if one of the mods knows the proper thread they could shift this later for me(and any relevant comments that follow to the right spot), and modify my posted words to suit(cut and chuck).
Well here are a few of the bent coins from over time that I've found.
1428710192_sam_0095.jpg

Even silver ones at times.
1428709943_sam_0096.jpg

ya get bent ones.
1428709943_sam_0097.jpg

and ya get mangled ones.
1428709943_sam_0098.jpg

and you even get to find bent mangled ones
1428709944_sam_0099.jpg

even get them with holes,... bashed in or shot in.
1428709944_sam_0101.jpg

Funny how they are still all keepers though.

Nice, I found a really bent 2 dollar coin, and used it at coles. The checkout chick didnt even comment!

This is todays hunt results,....$4.15 in spendable currency Plus 12X2c pieces and 10X1c pieces,... and I gave away a 1943 penny to a fellow who will say nothing but nice things about detector operators(unless he brushes up against a nasty piece of work somewhere sometime) from here on in.
The hunt minus the penny(1 and 1/2 hours)
1428749654_sam_0109.jpg

soil was nice to some.
1428749654_sam_0113.jpg

Not bad for an old spot of mine.

Latest posts