Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks silver and Explorer, much appreciated, yes i do sell stuff sometimes mate. I illustrate for a living these days so i don't get to do a lot of 'free' work like the bird i posted a while back, and the dog today, it's mostly commissioned stuff these days.

Nearly finished the gp case all that is needed now is to paint it, the interior is finished and felt lined and put the carry handles on
1440794323_2015-08-29_06.34.53.jpg
1440794350_2015-08-29_06.32.25.jpg

Ps... might need to put wheels on it or get a trolley is bloody heavy lol

Have to agree there.
Cabinet scrape then oil it.
Would come up a treat to show of the workmanship in it. :D

Today I made another bucket sieve (19 mm ) minus.
My 12mm minus works perfect for river sluicing. So I decided to make the 19mm for my two tiered sluice.
Found the perforated sheet in the scrap bin at the steel supplies, in my local area. :)
the wall thickness is 3mm, a touch on the heavy side IMO, I will leave the sieve to rust and hopefully will shed a few grams over the years..?
1441339517_image.jpg

1441339536_image.jpg

It's funny you should mention that :)
I love motors and gearboxes.....
I've been tossing around thought bubbles and I'm looking at an automated panning/puddling machine.
Been thinking of the Cresswell concentrator on steroids. Hmmmm :)

mate me too.... got a motor on my feedhopper on the trommel and have used that mounted on a frame with seives sitting inside the frame works a treat. bit of side to side panning action would do the trick i reckon.... watch this space... i'm keen to see your puddling machine.... who isn't :)

The wife was complaining my picks were too heavy for her..looking at the cost of a new one ,I thought, bugger it I'll build one..scrounged up some bits and pieces,down a mates farm and came up with this..Happy wife Happy life..
1441448437_image.jpg

Nice work! :) I agree that the new ones are a touch out of price range for the hobby prospector. You will treasure this one more because you made it. well done.

Latest posts