Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made Apple Crumble and threw some frozen raspberries in with some strawberries and ice cream. Bloody beautiful!!

Just whipped up some beef nachos with a touch of chillie
Dollop of sour cream and guacamole sauce and hey presto

4s1zrb.jpg

Bush Tucker.
Roast Chicken & vegies

1. Two large aluminium trays.

2. Dig a hole and light fire to get good supply of hot, glowing coals. ****Caution**** Cover hole, or extinguish fire when finished so no one steps into it in the dark.

3. Place chicken in foil tray, pour oil (preferably olive) over chicken. Peel a whole onion and cut in half and place either side of chicken Insert a clove of garlic inside chicken.. (Not essential)

4. Cover tray with several layers of alfoil.

5. Place tray on bare ground, shovel ash around tray up too the foil cover height.. Now shovel hot glowing coals onto the tray ensuring the lid is completely covered. Check the time!!!!

6. Prepare vegies, place in plastic bag and dust with cornflour. Place in second tray with olive oil and cover with foil.

7. Open tin of peas/ beans or what ever ready for heating.

8. Mix up a packet of Chicken gravy and water and place on side of cooking fire grate to simmer.

9. When the chicken has been cooking for one hour, place veg tray next to it... Once again repeat step 5.

10. Note the time and now heat the greens and prepare the gravy.

11. 40 minutes after recovering with coals remove chicken and vegies.
12. Total cooking time 1 hour 40 minutes for a family size chicken.

Enjoy, it is delicious.

Would like to share with members a tried and proven recipe for a tasty (come back for more) starter to your favourite bush meal while relaxing with family and friends. Note: Yabbies make an alternative to crab meat.

CRAB AND SWEETCORN SOUP

Ingredients:
1.5 litres chicken stock
250 gram fresh crab meat. (Canned crab meat will suffice if none available.)
125 gram can creamed sweetcorn.
1 tablespoon cornflour.
1 tablespoon sherry
2 teaspoon olive oil.
teaspoon sesame oil.
2 eggs beaten.
2 shallots (finely chopped.)

Method:
Bring stock to boil in a large wok or pot.
Add crab meat and corn and simmer for two minutes.
Blend cornflour, sherry and oils and add to wok, bring back to boil then remove from heat.
Immediately pour in beaten eggs in a steady stream to form a pattern on surface.
Decorate with chopped shallots and serve immediately.

Bon apetite

Redin - ha ha ha - very funny. This is my recipe - get in car - drive to Dunolly bakery - buy steak/cheese and bacon pie and cheese sausage roll. Cover liberally with Rosella sauce (kept in car - not that Fountain muck in the squeezy thingies), get bottle of portello, sit in park, scoff into lard, go across to Goldsearch - heckle them about Whites - walk past pub - heckle them about not working - cross back to bakery - buy jam doughnut - go to supermarket -heckle them about price of a carton of frothies - buy frothies anyway 'cause you cant be buggered driving to Maryborough - go to cabin - drink frothies - crack extra large twisties you bought at supermarket - watch 2010 'pies magnificent GF win - yell at TV about stupid umpires - go to bed.

Looking good there Joe. I have not done much cooking recently.
I did make this pie the other night. I think it's called impossible pie or similar. It's a sort of coconut custard thingy.
Very easy. Mix all the ingredients. Put in a pie pan and bake. It forms it's own crust. Yummy.
Would be great for camping. I'll dig the recipe out and post it.

1394355031_coconutpie.jpg

whats en papillon mean Ramjet? Ive heard of en croute and en papilot
Looks bloody good though whatever it means. Yum :p

Latest posts