Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I did a2 things, I did a cosmic psyhco surf and turf....a pie with a calamri ring.

later I did a twist on a spicy thai beef salad, instead of beef, we used a chinese style bbq pork, you know the red looking pork you get in good fried rice?
well woolies sell a cook it ya self style, and its really really good!
My better half is Indonesian/Chinese/Aussie, and my god, this thai/Chinese pork salad is bloody awsome!

Glazed ham - glaze is quince, orange juice and Cointreau.

Youngest daughter Grace made the croquembouche. How good does that look? And it tasted even better.

1451030240_ham.jpg

1451030295_croq.jpg

Ours was just staight from the shop,... yours looks to die for Dr. :D

Thanks Silver, I like to bake the ham, and the combination of the hot ham and the glaze is delicious. The girls always want hot ham for Christmas, so these days I make it every year. I made a ham gravy with some of the glaze, and served it with peas with pine nuts and proscuitto, Harissa glazed carrots and baked cauliflower finished with Parmesan. For only 5 people it's an easy cook, but that dessert took Grace a long time to make.

went and pillaged the garden today and took all the red tomatoes and capsicums.
1451197565_sam_5183.jpg

1451197566_sam_5184.jpg

Glad these weren't ripe though,.. they are my specials,... I'm just hoping that the next generation will be the same as these(don't want no F1 ,2, or 3 hybrids going on)
1451197566_sam_5185.jpg

twice as big as a cherry tomato, and looking good.(too good for sauce)
1451197567_sam_5186.jpg

Seeded the capsicums and just threw it all in the pot with an onion and an apple(and 5 of those orange chillies of mine) and a few condiments as well.
Here is the good book that supplies the basis for my recipes,.... I just change it all around to suit myself for tastes and flavour.
1451198090_sam_5174.jpg

All in the pot except for the sugar.
1451198090_sam_5175.jpg

Pureed with the slender blender after the initial cooking
1451198091_sam_5176.jpg

Still all a work in progress as I type. :D
But it's a very nice tasting sauce,.... Mrs S says it's even better than the last one. ;)

Top stuff Silver!! Are you up in the tropics mate? I've heard the fruit-fly flog the biggies and bright colours up there. My tomatoes are just flowering down here, mind you the heat's knocked 'em back a bit. But Mums nursery started ones have been producing for a month or so.
One breed I have is Italian Tree tomatoes-potato-type leaves,massive bushes, massive fruits. Apparently one bush at Disneyland in Florida lived for 8 years and supplied all the restaurants in the complex!!!
I have a few of last years growback capsicums fruiting now too.
And a couple of baby Yellow Crookneck squashes just forming-man, are those things yummy-twice the flavour of zucchinis.
My bible is the old Green and Gold cookbook.

You're an artist and an artisan mate. :)

I have my adult children over here from parts of Australia,
Tonight I cooked a nice spaghetti dish for em all and the grand kids.
they ate the lot, but now a days I sit at the head of the table,
jeee life goes by so fast.

Tim said:
Top stuff Silver!! Are you up in the tropics mate? I've heard the fruit-fly flog the biggies and bright colours up there. My tomatoes are just flowering down here, mind you the heat's knocked 'em back a bit. But Mums nursery started ones have been producing for a month or so.
One breed I have is Italian Tree tomatoes-potato-type leaves,massive bushes, massive fruits. Apparently one bush at Disneyland in Florida lived for 8 years and supplied all the restaurants in the complex!!!
I have a few of last years growback capsicums fruiting now too.
And a couple of baby Yellow Crookneck squashes just forming-man, are those things yummy-twice the flavour of zucchinis.
My bible is the old Green and Gold cookbook.

You're an artist and an artisan mate. :)
I'm up in the South East of Queensland Tim,.... and believe me,... the sweat pouring off me right now says that this is the tropics for sure,.... although many more North of me would stand quietly in their own pool of sweat and call me a wimp.(ha) :D

Here it is in natural lighting.(I didn't put Birdseye in the sauce).
1451264439_sam_5198.jpg

I did leave the skins on everything(thanks Tim),... but I put it all through a colander before cooking the sugar in,.... I've saved all the thick bits from the colander for when we make up some rissoles for burgers soon. :D

Latest posts