Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy said:
Sounds like a great plan SA :Y:

Remember the golden rule though: no pictures = didn't happen :D ;)

]:D

Dry rub on and into the fridge so the flavour can penetrate the meat ready for smoking on Friday

1516798469_img_3472.jpg

Australia Day Lunch; Venison patties larded with smoky bacon, garlic and onion, black pepper and sea salt. The Baby Weber Q was set-up for bar-B-Qing, the smoke box loaded with snow gum saw dust and the cooking began.
The better half looked after the veg and tomato salsa. A bottle of nice wine to wash the meal down with and all was great for lunch and Australia Day 2018.
Have a good one folks, SinHof.
1516943812_20180126_141538.jpg
1516943831_20180126_143313.jpg

That looks like a great feast Sinhof!
Happy Australia Day to you and to one and all! :cool:
Just finished work and am on a months holiday.......now what to cook?? :p
Cheers,
Billy.

Love the ribs mate which reminds me. For those blokes and ladies that don't cook their own ribs , I got onto Beaks Hickory Smoked Ribs at Woolies and also Marinated Pork Belly.
I am telling you, ya gotta get ya laughin gear around both. Yummo the diddle O!
Mackka :party: :party: :party:

As usual, some great dishes on here lately.

Only 4 of us for Australia Day BBQ, so I did a slow cooked butterfly leg of lamb, roast corn and cucumber salsa, some baba ganough and a green salad and jacket potatoes on the side.

1517033294_australia_day_lamb.jpg

We had a week on the coast that coincided with wife and oldest daughter's birthdays.

So I went to the fish market in Nowra, and they had live lobsters for almost 1/3 of the price those I saw at the Sydney fish markets earlier in the month.

So I thought that BBQ lobster with garlic and chilli butter would be the go for a special occasion. Served up with a salad and some good Berry sourdough bread. Bubbles to wash it down. As there were only three of us, the chef got the extra lobster half!

1517033488_lobster_1.jpg

1517033510_lobster_2.jpg

1517033532_lobster_3.jpg

Mackka wrote.
Yummo the diddle O!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I haven't heard that one for eons. We used to say "yummo the diddley oh" for any treat that we didn't usually get.

Dr Duck that cray looks yummo the diddley oh. My wife has a b'day coming up & we'll be on a house boat on the Murray for it. How do I smuggle a five kilo cray aboard..... un noticed.

Rob.

Hotrob said:
Mackka wrote.

Dr Duck that cray looks yummo the diddley oh. My wife has a b'day coming up & we'll be on a house boat on the Murray for it. How do I smuggle a five kilo cray aboard..... un noticed.

Rob.

Hey Rob,

5kg, now that's a cray! The ones I got were only about 800g each!

Yeh...... probably being a bit hopeful with the 5kg Doc .... but my B.I.L. is a pro cray fisherman. :Y:
I had gone off crays a bit thinking prawns were better value but we had a couple at Christmas & gee they were good (yummo the diddley oh :) )
I'm doing filet mignon tonight :D served on a field mushroom that has been cooked in garlic butter & a sliced avo on top.
Rob.

Rockhunter62 said:
Not quite a camel feast but Carol cooked us Wonton soup followed by Sticky Pork Meatballs with Crunchy Cashews, Rice Noodles with the left over wonton broth.

Love dining in at this restaurant. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Love wonton soup. I am having it tonight as a matter of fact. Great work Carol.

Hi Folks.
Back a month or two we corned a couple of pieces of venison back strap with the idea of making some venison pastrami. Defrosted them yesterday and cooked, prepared and smoked them, beautiful, did not disappoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1518491208_20180213_132202.jpg

Cheers SinHof.

Youngest daughter has got a job in Sydney and will be moving out soon. She will be enrolling in the Diploma of Law at Sydney Uni as well as working in a big city law firm. Good on her, and hopefully when she is a rich solicitor she can look after her old dad. All I'd like is a little cabin in some remote part of Tuena Creek. Maybe one of those little Kubota excavators too!

As she is the least likely of all the daughters to put her hand out for a cash injection, I took her down to IKEA in Canberra to buy her a bed and some other stuff. We swung by the Fyshwick markets and picked up some produce.

BBQ Blue eye cutlets with scallops, little asparagus and home grown cherry tomatoes, all cooked on the plate with garlic, chilli and lemon butter.

I hooked in before I thought to take a pic!

1518867193_fish.jpg

Latest posts