Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, I grew up on mutton. Scrubber. Today the , so called butchers cut off the healthy bits, fat. And make it yuppy . I see these food healthy delivery services and say, they are vultures on society. Fat bastards, mudguts, praying on the vulnerable. Learn to cook, or don’t cook, eat raw, whatever you want. From my experience over many years and T2b, accept your destiny , do your best and treat every day as a blessing. Trust me, you are all going to …
We love mutton, so much flavour. Bought a 2 1/2 yr weather recently, local bush butcher did the kill, hang and prep. Apart from all the standard cuts, also got him to smoke some Mutton Ham, what an absolute joy when served with a strong hard cheese, home made apple & cucumber chutney on Sourdough, simple killer of a lunch.

We love mutton, so much flavour. Bought a 2 1/2 yr weather recently, local bush butcher did the kill, hang and prep. Apart from all the standard cuts, also got him to smoke some Mutton Ham, what an absolute joy when served with a strong hard cheese, home made apple & cucumber chutney on Sourdough, simple killer of a lunch.
"Your welcome by my fire anytime", Jim graig, man from snowy river😎

My first ever crack at beef jerry.
Just over a kilo of topside cut 5mm thick by the butcher lady. And only salted by meself.
Got it on for 19 hours
( cause im unsure how long it may take)
And its running full bore at 70 degree's.
cant wait to taste it already lol.
Screenshot_20230906-201040_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906-201112_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230906-201030_Gallery.jpg

i don't wont to spook you silver
but a food dehydrator is the worst thing to use for making jerky( if it is not a food dehydrator all good)
they struggle big time to get the temperature past the botulism stage of the cooking
botulism poisoning temperature range is 4c to 60c (40f to 140f)
your cooker can only get to 70c the meat is in the range for the bacteria to grow for a long time
i used to cook salami's at 20f for hours years ago (to dry the skins so they would take the smoke through to the meat )but it was about 5 to 10 years ago they changed the whole cooking process silver
and that was for salami, beer sticks and jerky
i have not done any jerky or beer sticks for quite a while and i can not remember the correct temperatures off hand
i will see if i can find the process and send it to you

i don't wont to spook you silver
but a food dehydrator is the worst thing to use for making jerky( if it is not a food dehydrator all good)
they struggle big time to get the temperature past the botulism stage of the cooking
botulism poisoning temperature range is 4c to 60c (40f to 140f)
your cooker can only get to 70c the meat is in the range for the bacteria to grow for a long time
i used to cook salami's at 20f for hours years ago (to dry the skins so they would take the smoke through to the meat )but it was about 5 to 10 years ago they changed the whole cooking process silver
and that was for salami, beer sticks and jerky
i have not done any jerky or beer sticks for quite a while and i can not remember the correct temperatures off hand
i will see if i can find the process and send it to you
Thanks mate, I'm keeping this in the fridge and using it up fast. Just wanted to give it a go, tastes great, ate any fattyish bits first so the fat wouldn't spoil it in storage.

Day five of a water fast with salt lick as my only food lol (taken with water)..... feelng good, very energetick on day five.
About 215 days in of a red meat and salt diet( with around 20 cheat days previous.
Needed to stop eating all togeather in order to beat self from cheating( bastard), now back in control once again....... funny how body can take control over mind if your not careful.
Winners are grinners baby.
Not sure how long in for atm.
But.... no hunger atm, so why not keep going hey

I'm now on day 21 of the water and salt fast, so... still going strong, I'm cooking meals some nights for the others at home(they help too)
Absolutely no hunger, I've cooked up some bone broth and froze it for when I come back to food. Apparently if you do say 40 days, you have to spend at least half of that number of days refeeding your body on broth, cream, butter(so twenty extra days as well) before I can slowly introduce other normal foods, otherwise I can risk some sort of toxic shock(great lol). That was something I never new before day 18, so looks like no yummy meat treats for me for crissy.
Seen the doctor just to make sure my heart and circulation are up to the job, all good, sugar is at 4.9 and all blood tests came back in normal range. Weight went from 92kg at the start to 83.4 today so that's 8.6 kg of fat used to run my body over the 21 days. I did drink some white wine over the evenings from day six to day 20 for the magnesium content as I found you need magnesium with the pink salt as well, but from now at least till the next drs visit(he's going to see me weekly to monitor my bloods and Weight and heart etc) I'm not drinking wine so I can see what the difference is. I still have energy to do things, but if I over exert, then my recovery time takes longer as my body has to convert fat to sugars for energy instead of just pulling it from foods. Just thought some of you may appreciate an update.
Silver

Last edited:
thanks Silver but I must have missed why you are doing this but i reckon your doctor would be pleased you are especially with weekly visits . Stay Safe.
Had tingly toes for a while now Mackka and That'd be a sign of diabetes, but 4.9 in sugars is in the normal range, so the diabetes is obviously in remission now. Also have one of those long stomach hernias where if you try to do a situp your stomach bulges outward a lot in the split area, so it certainly couldn't fix itself with me being overweight at all, so I'm giving it the best chance possible to mend itself by having an entirely empty digestive system for an extended period of time. Hopefully I will have a good outcome mate.

Actually woke up last night because I dreampt I ate a ham steak roll thinking now I've gotta throw that back up lol.

Someone should post a cooking post on here again now I recon.

Last edited:
Had tingly toes for a while now Mackka and That'd be a sign of diabetes, but 4.9 in sugars is in the normal range, so the diabetes is obviously in remission now. Also have one of those long stomach hernias where if you try to do a situp your stomach bulges outward a lot in the split area, so it certainly couldn't fix itself with me being overweight at all, so I'm giving it the best chance possible to mend itself by having an entirely empty digestive system for an extended period of time. Hopefully I will have a good outcome mate.

Actually woke up last night because I dreampt I ate a ham steak roll thinking now I've gotta throw that back up lol.

Someone should post a cooking post on here again now I recon.
Good onya Silver, mate I also am in remission and hopefully it will stay that with my diet and exercise program. Ya just gotta do everything in moderation as we get older I reckon. Cheers and best wishes. Mackka

Good onya Silver, mate I also am in remission and hopefully it will stay that with my diet and exercise program. Ya just gotta do everything in moderation as we get older I reckon. Cheers and best wishes. Mackka
I concur wholeheartedly mate.
Great to hear your on top of everything too Mackka

Only going to day 30, then starting to refeed. Body is saying it's time to start finishing up now.
I have B1 and orange berrocca, but am at the Doc's now as the chemist says I need a script for the potassium and phosphate(bit sucky that even the doc didn't realise) , but it's all new to him as well, and he himself is consulting with a doctor in the know, so I can give some concession there(but I bet I'll still be out of pocket lol).
Anyway I'm not dying yet, but will be refeeding slowly soon enough.
Then, once done can start posting some nice carnivore meal photos (I've done enough lion diet for now, and need some more diverse nutrient intake)(maybe even a slight drop into keto if needs be)
Silver

Didn't end up filling the script for phosphate as it was $80+ and the bone broth is 9% phosphate anyway, I am on bone broth today and will introduce raw eggs tomorrow. Feeling good, going for a walk a bit later on this morning.

Latest posts