Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 23 Lion diet and 5 & 1/2 Kilo's have fallen off me bones already, old tight shirts are feeling looser, belts gone in by a few notches so me pants don't slip down, so,...... it must have fell off me gut mostly I'd say. And salty meat...... Mmm Mmmm, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Very well done Silver. I myself have had to lose some kilos over the last 7 months and I am glad I did. It’s amazing what happens when you cut back on the grog, drastically cut back on carbs and get rid of sugar out of your diet and go for a walk every day. Keep up the good work mate.

Very well done Silver. I myself have had to lose some kilos over the last 7 months and I am glad I did. It’s amazing what happens when you cut back on the grog, drastically cut back on carbs and get rid of sugar out of your diet and go for a walk every day. Keep up the good work mate.
Thanks Makka, getting rid of the veggies seems to be ok on the body too so far , sadly I've only been for 3 walks on this journey , and that was all at the beginning. I'm going to get some Redmond salt soon to make my electrolyte water, I think the lack of that type of drink has me sort of lazy in the long walking department.
On the bright side I'm about to learn how to cook beef rib very soon(slowly apparently).
Only one meal a day has my body running in ketosis, and even though I'm cooking for others I don't have any cravings at all except for red meat (and maybe a little straight spirits lol)
And I've gone from 102.1kg
Down to ...................95.7kg today, so far
I suppose that'll happen better when i walk more as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Makka, getting rid of the veggies seems to be ok on the body too so far , sadly I've only been for 3 walks on this journey , and that was all at the beginning. I'm going to get some Redmond salt soon to make my electrolyte water, I think the lack of that type of drink has me sort of lazy in the long walking department.
On the bright side I'm about to learn how to cook beef rib very soon(slowly apparently).
Only one meal a day has my body running in ketosis, and even though I'm cooking for others I don't have any cravings at all except for red meat (and maybe a little straight spirits lol)
And I've gone from 102.1kg
Down to ...................95.7kg today, so far
I suppose that'll happen better when i walk more as well.
I suppose that'll happen better when i walk more as well. Make sure a detector is in your hands, it more fun than without.

I suppose that'll happen better when i walk more as well. Make sure a detector is in your hands, it more fun than without.
Yeah I'm still keeping my hand in Geoff(twice a week), I suppose they count as walks and squats, with a bit of upper body workout while digging..... all coppers and junk though.
Maybe later today I'll take a photo of my food for the day(might eat a beef rib)

Extremely well done Silver. Our figures were exactly the same when i started and now down to 88/89 and I am trying to get to 85 but I have plateaued. I think I need more water less tea with a drop of milk but you have to live so I will just walk a little further each day. I was having trouble with my feet but when I stopped alcohol, feet got better and with some sole inserts taking the pressure off the instep, all is good. Stay Safe and keep up the good work mate. Cheers Mackka

Extremely well done Silver. Our figures were exactly the same when i started and now down to 88/89 and I am trying to get to 85 but I have plateaued. I think I need more water less tea with a drop of milk but you have to live so I will just walk a little further each day. I was having trouble with my feet but when I stopped alcohol, feet got better and with some sole inserts taking the pressure off the instep, all is good. Stay Safe and keep up the good work mate. Cheers Mackka
You too Mackka(the good work mate), my feet started out feeling slightly numb with a dry dirty feeling, I too did inserts in my shoes and stopped putting my feet up with the lounge chair, no where near as much alcohol and my feet are slowly coming good on this all red meat lion diet(they were pInful to walk on beforehand).

Started cooking tea already
Didn't realise they'd been Rubbed at the butchers(oh well thems the breaks hey ! )

2 beef ribs(one bigger)
20230511_150547.jpg
Then added some grass fed beef tallow
20230511_150719.jpg
And pink Himalayan salt
20230511_150943.jpg
Added enough to be able to baste it as it cooks.
Pre heated it for a bit
Upped it to around 240'ish for 30 minutes
And baste it
then I'll drop it after that to 140 for 2 & 1/2 hours

Needs more fat around the edges mate, fat is good! Looks fantastic.
Came from a different butchers Maccka, looked like T-bone but tasted like Y-bone lol (pretty sinewy around the bottom end and close to the bone).... I lament that they seem to trim the fat of the cuts just to suit the usuals mate.
I know exactly what your sayin..... can I get some grease with that lol(and I mean it (ha).).

Mate, I grew up on mutton. Scrubber. Today the , so called butchers cut off the healthy bits, fat. And make it yuppy . I see these food healthy delivery services and say, they are vultures on society. Fat bastards, mudguts, praying on the vulnerable. Learn to cook, or don’t cook, eat raw, whatever you want. From my experience over many years and T2b, accept your destiny , do your best and treat every day as a blessing. Trust me, you are all going to …

I'll show the difference when I get T-bone from my usual butchers mate. Paid $23 for 700 grams of the above lol..... but at least it filled a hole.

Use cornflour with the drippings and some wine , white for white meats and red for red meats. Yummo
Yeah Na yeah lol, this is the dripping I use, has an amazingly different taste to others, there was a chillie version of thier flavoured stocks but it got discontinued (it was the bomb and I was addicted to it).
I eat a half a half chook roast and veggies every night and a nice aged bottle of Port, New Timer diggers fuel 😉

Attachments

• 20230721_185509.jpg
    20230721_185509.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts