Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Simmo, I reckoned that would be a real dead cert, so I just tried it out…..
Hmm any other suggestions?
Just noticed the price offer expires in 11 days so still have a chance to invent some Harry Potter like magical persuasion spell.

I did the same and asked the wife last night and she said why do we want another fridge???
So I said price and redundancy..
Anyway, she said 'If you really want it... ' so I did the click and collect thing.
In the meantime the missus had been doing some searching and found other places selling for just over $800.
There were none available at Jaycar.
When I went in to pick mine up this morning, I was one of 3 fella's picking theirs up!
So I have no idea how much stock they have??
I overheard a 'complaint' from a RTM staff member, who said, 'they are just so heavy compared to the plastic ones'........
The specs say that they can take 135 kg load on top???
I can lift it, empty, just.
Full, nup, but it has wheels??!!

Screenshot_20221118_205217_BRASS MONKEY.jpg

i have one in the shed somewhere MB but it is a different brand name and has a grit flow adjusting knob, i found bicarb soda works well with the one i have got, the last time i bought a bag from the rural supply store here it was about $15.00 for a 25kg bag ,a lot cheaper than the grits they sell

MB, Going to sieve a bucket of beach sand and see how that goes.

Peter, I think you'll find it too light and soft. We used to have a 250 cfm compressor and a 250kg blast pot. We sandblasted more than a dozen steel prawn trawlers inside and out using nothing but Ilmenite. It's very fine grained so gives a smooth finish but it's very sharp and extremely heavy. I'm pretty sure the black sand that gives us so much trouble in the pan would do a pretty good job although that might be water worn and a little less sharp but it would have the weight needed to create the impact.

You might be at risk of silicosis with the white sand too.

So with a 60% off sale, a dual zone compressor fridge for $299 instead of $799 from my second favourite store.. RTM!!
Had to do it!!
Bought one today for an 18th birthday. Purchased from Jaycar in Geelong and having to get my sister to collect it. None left to be brought online and delivered from either RTM or Jaycar and none in-store anywhere near me.

Great price. Bloody awesome birthday gift that they definitely would not have been getting if it had to be purchased at full price!

Latest posts