Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
So R,R, you're the fella walking around with a smile on your face and hands in your pockets. :) :fire:

LOL, Naa these things a huge, they would only fit in the pockets of my Mega Parka and it's not cold enough to wear that Bad Boy, :Y:

Here's what they say about them,

The Outdoor Research Lucent mitts are waterproof, Gore-tex lined Heated gloves for cold environments. The Lucent gloves have a removable and rechargeable battery unit which supplies power to heating elements that keep your hands warm for up to eight hours.

The Lucent heated mitts come with the high end quality you expect from Outdoor Research and incorporate the new Gore-Tex + Gore Warm Technology. This means the Lucent are both breathable, waterproof and warm mitts in their own right and can be used in cold weather without the batteries for the Altiheat heating system.

Of course the big attraction of the Lucent mitt is the heating itself. All you really need to know is works. Even if your hands and the gloves are cold, you put them on high power for a few minutes and you are nice and toasty. Once youve warmed up a bit you can drop the setting down for longer battery life or turn them off completely while exercising hard. If you are going out for a very long day or in very cold conditions you can take a spare set of batteries which are easy to swap over in the field.

Here is what Outdoor Research say about the Lucent Heated Gloves.

WARM HANDS WITH THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON
If youve struggled to find mitts that keep your hands warm in bitter winter weather, turn to the Lucent Heated and Lucent Heated Mitts. Built with ALTIHeat a rechargeable battery-powered heating system that provides staying power when youre determined to be on the mountain from first chair to last call the Lucent Heated Gloves and Lucent Heated Mitts provide staying power for the coldest cold smoke. GORE-TEX inserts make them waterproof, and lightweight synthetic EnduraLoft insulation adds extra warmth and cold-weather protection. Other features include a fleece palm lining, moulded EVA on the back of the hands and abrasion-resistant goat leather strips on the palms.

Features
Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Windproof, Wicking, Quick Drying, Soft and Tactile Leather Palm, Leather Palm Overlays, Molded EVA Foam Knuckles
Design Features: ALTIHeat Battery-Powered Heat Technology with Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery, Customizable Heat Settings, Locking Zippered Compartment for Batteries, Removable Leash, Pull-On Loop, Glove Clip
Functional Details: SuperCinch Gauntlet, Elasticized Wrist, Contoured Wrist, Pre-Curved Construction

Details
Fabric: GORE-TEX insert, 100% nylon shell, water-resistant goat leather palm, EnduraLoft Insulation 100% polyester, 333 g/m2 on back of hand, 200 g/m2 at palm, 133 g/m2 at gauntlet, Moonlite Pile Fleece 100% polyester palm
Avg. Weight: 507g (Pair - Large)

"Best Heated Gloves Winter 2015" Gear Patrol
"Best in Show Winter 2014" Gear Junkie
"Gear of the Show Winter 2014" Gear Institute

The Lucent are lined with GORE-TEX with + Gore warm technology

These gloves are the ideal solution for warmth seekers.

As a special feature the whole system of inner lining, membrane and outer material is engineered to enable higher insulation performance. Thus even in harsh conditions your hands stay warmer for longer with the warmest GORE-TEX gloves available.

Like all GORE-TEX products these gloves are durably waterproof, windproof and highly breathable guaranteed.

Fabric :
GORE-TEX insert
100% nylon shell
water-resistant goat leather palm
EnduraLoft Insulation 100% polyester
333 g/m2 on back of hand
200 g/m2 at palm
133 g/m2 at gauntlet
Moonlite Pile Fleece 100% polyester palm lining
Tricot Lining 100% polyester back of hand lining
Weight :
Weight for size L = 480g Avg.

Greg4427 wrote:

Well, a couple of days ago we bought the Minelab Goldmonster 1000, plus a pick and then some Doug Stone maps of the areas around here!

Thats a good start to your prospecting Greg ..
Was thinking about getting one to give to my wife ( the digger) for Christmas ..

They are a great little machine. I like switching to the monster for a swing to ping some little ones. It's a different type of detecting, hit the diggings in your Doug stone books and you should be in with a good chance to get some. Just got to put in the time and cover the ground. Monster will sniff out the tiniest of bits :Y:

25 gram pack is that the little one?

When I used to smoke I think the big pack was around $40 ...

Glad I don't smoke anymore tho...

Goody :D

We bought one of these the other day to keep our water and smoko cold for the day. :Y:

1576577800_20191217_181400_001-800x600.jpg

I'd go and test it to see how long it will keep beers cold but I reckon that the ice would last longer than the beer. I buy things to use, not test. If I wanted to test an item I'd be part of the Choice Awards team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
We bought one of these the other day to keep our water and smoko cold for the day. :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...04/1576577800_20191217_181400_001-800x600.jpg

I'd go and test it to see how long it will keep beers cold but I reckon that the ice would last longer than the beer. I buy things to use, not test. If I wanted to test an item I'd be part of the Choice Awards team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Nice Esky, but if you don't test it then how do you know it will work out in the bush, Food for thought. :Y:

I just bought the New Noco GB150 Boost Pack, and the next model down the GB70 along with the cases for each, And the OBD II power Gizmo that saves the settings of the vehicle while you change the battery and I also bought the Fast Charger that works with both Boosters.

1576855979_new_noco_20191216_152748.jpg

Latest posts