Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went over to NQMiners Den and bought myself a set of Snake Guardz and a small pick I can throw into the backpack I use when loaming / panning.

So I went for a bit of a walk to try out my new Snake Guardz to see if they would work over my gumboots, they worked a treat, nice and comfortable too.

Found some suitably snakey territory to go for a wander in:

1415429926_bush1.jpg

1415429926_bush2.jpg

1415429926_bush3.jpg

There I was lulled into a false sense of security when the snakes outsmarted me didn't they:

1415429290_snake.jpg

1415429290_snake2.jpg

Well played Mr Snake, well played :p

Can anyone identify what type he is? It looks like a green tree snake to me, cause hes green and hes up a tree. :lol:

:D :D Grant...I came to the same assumption as you.

He may be a little bit evil as he appears to be staring back into the camera :eek:

The whole idea is so if you stumble upon a snake and it has a go at you, you should be protected, not to go out and actively look for them!

Glad you survived the encounter, looks like a tree snake, many around this time of year.

Good one Grant. If i was walking toward that stream I would usually place my hand where that snake has "parked" itself.
Tis good that you were alert for snakes at the time.
Jaros :|

Grant, can I ask what creek that was?

I was in the creek near JCU, the one that goes under the Cook Highway (Chinaman Creek I think) and saw a snake in there, this one was only about ten or twelve feet behind me, gave me a bit of a start when I saw it moving.. not sure of the species but it was "brown/tan"

Cheers, Tone

Hey Tone,

Believe me I wasn't actively looking for snakes far from it :eek:

I was checking out the upper reaches of Freshwater creek at the time I came across this fellow.

Heres some more shots of the area:
1415489347_freshwater1.jpg

1415489384_freshwater2.jpg

1415489414_freshwater3.jpg

1415489816_freshwater4.jpg

One thing I did learn about Snake Guardz in my wanderings is that the little plastic clips they provide can slip off.

They are those locking type of clips as on backpacks just way smaller.

Also they tend to can catch one another as you walk if they are loose so you need to make sure they are strapped up tight against your leg.

To counter that you should clip them on and then tie them off with the excess strap so that excess strap doesn't slip back out of the clip.

Other than that they work fine over gumboots very comfortable to wear.

I got the extra large ones as I knew I would be wearing them over my gumboots at some stage.

Cheers,

Grant

Hey Lambs73 pretty serious looking light setup on the bike - doing some night work out at Sparrow? Mate at the Mont had exact same rooftop tent - nice

Today a mate and me bought all the cam locks we need to make life easier than using hose clamps tri-clovers etc. Also got a brass foot valve for the intake. And last week found a couple of sieves and tweezers for the $2 Shop (the seives were actually $3, $6-50 and $8-50).
1415786846_mms_img15098538251.jpg

1415786919_rsz_2014-11-12_134113.jpg

Cracka

Hi Kelak,

The roof tent I gotis actually a 3 man. They come in 3 different sizes. I got the middle sized one. I have had camper trailers and tents in the past, I must say I'm very happy with this one.

Mattress is a little hard, but we're getting a memory foam one anyway. That was always the plan.

Cheers

Lambi

Lambs73 said:
Hi Kelak,

The roof tent I gotis actually a 3 man. They come in 3 different sizes. I got the middle sized one. I have had camper trailers and tents in the past, I must say I'm very happy with this one.

Mattress is a little hard, but we're getting a memory foam one anyway. That was always the plan.

Cheers

Lambi

i just brought a memory foam one for mine from ebay but sent it back . it was rubbish.

what kind are you looking at ?

i will probably get an egg crate kind of mattress topper instead

my rooftop has a 50 mm foam one as standard and it is a bit underwhelming

5 tyres on rims thru eBay for $400

My Cruiser had new retreads when I got it.
Tuesday one of the retreads de-treaded @ 110kph :/

Shopped around & opted for a used set one bloke was selling as he wanted bigger 33" tyres.
These are the common 31"

The damaged one.
1415870302_image.jpg

Old tread on left, new treads on right.
Kuhmo KL71 Mud
1415870773_image.jpg

Lambs73 said:
I was thinking of checking clark rubber first for mattresses.

i looked at the clarke egg crate toppers

they are about 3 times the price as ebay but you could maybe try one in the shop to give you an idea of hardness

all their foam prices are exxy + gold plating :/

Latest posts