Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No my daughter's car got broken into, smashed a window and pinched her purse. They did 6 people around our area in the same night. They case the joint by making out they are dropping pamphlets in letter boxes then come back at night and hit the ones they think are worthwhile.

wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we had all our cars broken into only took coins ive since caught one of the young boys trying to break into another car... lets just say he wont be walking on my side of the street again, would talk to the parents but they are ferrel and I can hear them swearing at the kids all hours

dwt said:
Hiya all just an update on the old boiler tank i picked up a week ago at an auction,(saving it from the scrap yard) it arrived home this morning at 8am thanks to some top blokes who helped me out,thanks fellas,the boiler has a stamp on it "last tested 31/8/27 so im guessing she's an old girl,and in A1 nick i might add.............................nice wheels TenOunce those babies are pretty tough ;)

headsUp said:
that would have to date from around 1910 - 1930 as it predates welded boiler construction

even on scrap value it would pay for a semi trailer . is there a crane on site ?

LOL . do i win anything ?

licorice snake ?

gold stamp on my forehead even ?

:p if only i could fluke lotto too

ps modern boilers and pressure vessels would be tested every 10 years . dunno what the standard was back then but it might possibly have a build date of 1917

HeadsUp said:
dwt said:
Hiya all just an update on the old boiler tank i picked up a week ago at an auction,(saving it from the scrap yard) it arrived home this morning at 8am thanks to some top blokes who helped me out,thanks fellas,the boiler has a stamp on it "last tested 31/8/27 so im guessing she's an old girl,and in A1 nick i might add.............................nice wheels TenOunce those babies are pretty tough ;)

headsUp said:
that would have to date from around 1910 - 1930 as it predates welded boiler construction

even on scrap value it would pay for a semi trailer . is there a crane on site ?

LOL . do i win anything ?

licorice snake ?

gold stamp on my forehead even ?

:p if only i could fluke lotto too

ps modern boilers and pressure vessels would be tested every 10 years . dunno what the standard was back then but it might possibly have a build date of 1917

Thanks headsUp, thats good to know about the test dates, shine's a bit of light on the old girl,......... "do i win anything".......hmmmmmm....... i tell you what,because you have been so helpfull and believe that you are SO deserving of a prize..........i'll let you name her...... i will make up a stainless steel plate and stamp whatever name you decide on it and may as well throw prospecting australia on there as well, and i will neatly tig weld it to a position on the tank where it will remain for the best part of another hundred years for that im am sure..... how does that grab ya!!!! ;)

ps (if PA are happy with this idea............ i would gladly accept a free PA hat) :8

dwt said:

Thanks headsUp, thats good to know about the test dates, shine's a bit of light on the old girl,......... "do i win anything".......hmmmmmm....... i tell you what,because you have been so helpfull and believe that you are SO deserving of a prize..........i'll let you name her...... i will make up a stainless steel plate and stamp whatever name you decide on it and may as well throw prospecting australia on there as well, and i will neatly tig weld it to a position on the tank where it will remain for the best part of another hundred years for that im am sure..... how does that grab ya!!!! ;)

ps (if PA are happy with this idea............ i would gladly accept a free PA hat) :8

Nah mate it wouldnt be original if you did that . save your ceriated / lanthanated for grandma's twin turbo twin engined CR500 Honda powered racing mower ;)

silver said:
bisho said:
kleinman98 said:
I finally got delivery of 100 pipets for fine gold snuffing so dont be surprised if I stick one in your pocket next time I see one of you.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1471/1394745906_image.jpg

how much did these cost you, cause i paid $1.00 ea for mine :)

John got the 3mil pipettes and I went for the 5mil - $7.54 delivered for 100 quantity

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141028240758?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

cheers
Barry

HeadsUp said:
dwt said:

Nah mate it wouldnt be original if you did that . save your ceriated / lanthanated for grandma's twin turbo twin engined CR500 Honda powered racing mower ;)

Jeeeeze mate, i really wanted a free hat!!!!!!! :(

A NEL Sharpshooter for AT Pro and a bracket for the Pro Pointer turned up.

Just had to try it at the local boat ramp park for an hour and a half tonight.

Both work beautifully.......dug about the same amount of trash as coins within top 3 inches with the sensitivity set down to one.

1395748325_img_20140328_213224.jpg

Put the AT Pro standard coil next to it for comparison.

1395748294_img_20140328_215145.jpg

1395748348_img_20140328_224615.jpg

Will be hitting the parks big time now.....

Love it, I need to get back out and do some serious beach combing as well. The Pro is gathering dust big time :(

johnh001 said:

Both work beautifully.......dug about the same amount of trash as coins within top 3 inches with the sensitivity set down to one.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2096/1395748325_img_20140328_213224.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2096/1395748294_img_20140328_215145.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2096/1395748348_img_20140328_224615.jpg

Looks the goods. I got an 8x5 coil for my AT Pro, it works real well. I hadn't seen the bracket for the pin pointer before, good idea.

kemjak57 said:
No my daughter's car got broken into, smashed a window and pinched her purse. They did 6 people around our area in the same night. They case the joint by making out they are dropping pamphlets in letter boxes then come back at night and hit the ones they think are worthwhile.

B@$7@rds.. did she get her purse back. Such a pita getting cards replaced.
Hope you catch the turds on camera mate

Cheers Tone

Did that pointer come standard with an end cap(protector), or is that your own little addition ?
Goldagettin said:
johnh001 said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2096/1395748325_img_20140328_213224.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2096/1395748294_img_20140328_215145.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2096/1395748348_img_20140328_224615.jpg

Looks the goods. I got an 8x5 coil for my AT Pro, it works real well. I hadn't seen the bracket for the pin pointer before, good idea.

Bought a Garret pro pointer, would u believe now its the Navaras turn, to get a second battery, to charge up my Minelab Batteries, where does it end ?

Purchased a 14" DD Pro Elite coiltek
coil which Has been designed for the machine i
use Which is the gp3500. Paid $242 inc postage
Used only 3 times.

New price is $375 Plus post.

This will be my main goto coil. Love the
Wide scan of the dd.

Latest posts