Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know how the swag goes I have been umming & aring about one of them for quite awhile now they look the goods cheers Muk.

Solid Luck said:
Bought this for the youngest today.
Been looking for a while. Price of second hand cars is atrocious at the moment. Still have to buy one for the middle child.
My campervan??? 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

Nice gesture, I was lucky enough to be able to pass on my old lease cars to the kids (but did make them pay off a token value).
Gave them cheap mobility and hopefully helped them financially .... must have they now both own 2nd properties (I Don't!!).
Hopefully they'll look after me in my old (Older) age.

1645059585_new_van.jpg

Muk said:
Let us know how the swag goes I have been umming & aring about one of them for quite awhile now they look the goods cheers Muk.
Awesome swag mate, HEAPS of room, it's HUGE :cool:

Nightjar said:
Pro-swing, some maybe happy with it.
Mine lasted about half and hour before ditching all the extras except the "space bar."
(The image shows the bungy connected to the shaft in wrong position, is it any wonder many say it is too heavy?)
Good luck at least you will have a comfortable night in your Kings swag. :100:
I'm happy with the harness, didn't use the bungy thing.
Glad I went for the harness instead of the battery on the detector option coz I realised I can't stand the headphones thing. I allready have a permanent ring in my ears and the headphones have made it worse so I haven't done much detecting yet.
External speakers on my harness coming up :cool:

This seems cheap, is there a more expensive wired option?
Does this require batterys? Or will it draw it's power from the spo1?
1645334695_screenshot_20220220-162125_chrome.jpg

I mow lawns etc every now and then for a few bucks. Plus more for the fitness factor. Free gym workouts..lol

My mower needed a service and I thought a day or 2 would be all I'd wait. Turns out every place I tried was a 3 week wait for a mower service.
So I thought stuff that. Had to ring Round about a dozen places before I found the hru216 pro self propelled.

A couple of charity jobs coming up in the next few days for a couple of my clients. :)

1645428820_resized_20220221_181022.jpg

Jaros said:
That should make the motor breathe better.

On the towing side, from a standing start the gearing makes start offs a real breeze, whilst higher up there is just a tad more acceleration when you need it.

Driveability is behind the remap & it has certainly done what was expected, along with a bit of fuel consumption saving.

Have been using a 64W panel ($750) fitted to roof of ute when we head off prospecting. Has served me well trickle charging the fridges battery for best part of 20 years.
Panels have dropped dramatically in price so purchased one to replace the oldie. (Will use it as a portable to boost the van.)
The dimensions are less so it will fit the roof rack and it is 300W AND $129.
If I copy eBay details it brings my details with it?
Queried "Trakkers" eBay trader and they guarantee the the output so we'll see how it goes. :argh:

Nightjar said:
Have been using a 64W panel ($750) fitted to roof of ute when we head off prospecting. Has served me well trickle charging the fridges battery for best part of 20 years.
Panels have dropped dramatically in price so purchased one to replace the oldie. (Will use it as a portable to boost the van.)
Queried "Trakkers" eBay trader and they guarantee the the output so we'll see how it goes. :argh:

Nightjar,

I haven't had a look for the specs of the panel you are buying.
A good rule of thumb to apply when suspicious of the panel when buying solar on fleabay and similar sites is that a good panel should produce a nominal 170w per square meter.

Nightjar said:

I had a Kyocera 180W $800 I think on the old bus with a Morning Star 12/24v charger. It would charge from daylight till dusk. When we built the new bus about nine years ago I bought a 250W 24V Chinese panel for the roof and a cheap MPPT controller. I was disappointed with the output so I soon changed to the same Morning Star controller. It doesn't start charging until the sun is almost overhead. Since then I've installed two more about 150W 12V panels through the Redarc controller. These are cheap panels but seem to perform ok but I think the expensive panels give better output but at the price of these new ones you can have twice as many. I have to run separate controllers because the 24V Redarc won't accept 24V input.

Latest posts