Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya gotta luv technical writers as they all seem to try and write at a level a trained person in tech know how to read-not the layman. Even a lot of vids from various retailers speak a different language-It might make them seem smart but this is a "simple" hobby but without knowing basic 12v tech it is pretty befuddling to them. :)

Layman's term Jaros.
This is close to what the details are for the panel just purchased.
Will run it though the PWM regulator already installed in my box of tricks. Theold panel put out a max of 3.5 amps. If the new one puts out half the amps they advertise I'll still be amps ahead.
Maximum Power

300W

Maximum Power Current

16.7A

Maximum Power Voltage

18V

Open Circuit Voltage

21.4V

Short Circuit Curent

17.8A

Size

1010*670*30mm

1645510071_screenshot_20220222-170712_ebay.jpg

bicter said:
Nightjar,

I haven't had a look for the specs of the panel you are buying.
A good rule of thumb to apply when suspicious of the panel when buying solar on fleabay and similar sites is that a good panel should produce a nominal 170w per square meter.

Bicter, Be interesting to see how your theory pans out.
Panel is 1080mm X 710mm = 0.7668 m2
At the end of the day if it keeps my battery topped up with less driving (alternator) and Genny while camped up, I'm happy.

Well not today but last night I bought a lottery ticket for tonight :D I don't buy regularly even when the purse is of a reasonable size. Obviously didn't bag the big bucks my phone has remained silent all night apart from the barage of family text messages :D :argh: :rolleyes: :mad: :D :cool: :drooling: :/ :8

As the saying goes Ya gotta be in it too win it. I bought the ticket to share with my neighbour who's been doing it pretty hard for a while. Looks like we'll be our own self made millionaire's as we have been for the past 20 odd years :) enjoying a beer or two wondering what the poor folk are up to :) :beer: at least we don't buy the wood we burn whilst we solve the world's problems :D :inlove:

Used to buy whole NZ rump steak from a wholesaler in Sydney , that also did retail sales . It was very good steak , they only export the best . He made it up into a good business , he then sold out and it went down hill from that time .

Can't afford rump steak now . Will buy plenty when I win Powerball to - night !!!

Meat pie warming for to night with some veggies ....

1646895431_20220310_162607.jpg

Good value, at $169, have batteries for other plus 1 tools, so will be handy. Got it to trim some plants around the yard, my bloody bougainvillea is pushing against my fence, which is bending it away, and now the gate won't shut properly.
Plus will be handy fire wood chopper....have a carvcharger for the batteries to.

1646895431_20220310_162607.jpg

Good value, at $169, have batteries for other plus 1 tools, so will be handy. Got it to trim some plants around the yard, my bloody bougainvillea is pushing against my fence, which is bending it away, and now the gate won't shut properly.
Plus will be handy fire wood chopper....have a carvcharger for the batteries to.

That should get you through the long grass ok 😅

Latest posts