Today I Bought from a local Aussie company.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave79

Dave
Reaction score
I reckon with the state of the economy at the moment we should all be supporting local businesses. Here's a place to show how you've been supporting local companies. I recently bought a carry bag for my recently aquired SDC from DD leather, will put up pictures when I'm off work.

I bought a Gamo Replay Magnum . 22 air rifle a few days ago from a Aussie company in Redcliffe.fpr $389 .
I also got a quote from another Aussie company in caboolture (about 20klms apart) who said their best price was $760 .
So it really makes me wonder how much profit some of these companies really make. :mad:

Smoky bandit said:
I bought a Gamo Replay Magnum . 22 air rifle a few days ago from a Aussie company in Redcliffe.fpr $389 .
I also got a quote from another Aussie company in caboolture (about 20klms apart) who said their best price was $760 .
So it really makes me wonder how much profit some of these companies really make. :mad:

Hey Smokie,
This might be a dumb question, but do you need a firearms licence for a .22 pellet gun?

Cheers

Gpx5000 said:
Smoky bandit said:

Hey Smokie,
This might be a dumb question, but do you need a firearms licence for a .22 pellet gun?

Cheers
Yes mate,
Here in Qld you do. :beer:

Eluvial said:
I recently bought a sPo1 from Phase Tech and waiting for GME speakers and a 15 inch DD coil to arrive in stock..
Top bloke with excellent service and speedy delivery.. :100: :Y:

Also bought an sp01 from Nenad on 21/04
Tracking # shows it still sitting at Hallett Cove PO :mad:

I bought locally grown fruit and veg from a locally owned green grocery / supermarket. Ordered online and delivered to our door 25 kms away for less than $10. The Groceries are absolutely first class. Much better than Aldi, A Big :Y: :perfect: :party: for Arnolds Fruit market.

I do however suspect that there will not be too many posts about people buying australian manufactured goods as we just dont make much for the domestic market anymore.

jethro said:
I bought locally grown fruit and veg from a locally owned green grocery / supermarket. Ordered online and delivered to our door 25 kms away for less than $10. The Groceries are absolutely first class. Much better than Aldi, A Big :Y: :perfect: :party: for Arnolds Fruit market.

I do however suspect that there will not be too many posts about people buying australian manufactured goods as we just dont make much for the domestic market anymore.

The domestic market is not big enough to support a lot of manufacturing. We can't produce the quantity required to manufacture at the low price we want to pay. We lose a lot in quality by not manufacturing here but save a lot in the final purchase price of most goods and have a wide variety to choose from.

Smoky bandit said:
Gpx5000 said:
Smoky bandit said:

Hey Smokie,

Cheers
Yes mate,

You need a licence for any rifled air gun
Not sure about smooth bored ones. Its still a firearm though. So probably yes as well. Even paint guns need one.

It's amazing how well greengrocers who are beside a supermarket really do well. More care for the product and a well polished apple or 10 taste so much better.

Some Aussie made powder

eVktp2O.jpg

To feed my Aussie made Lithgow

madtuna said:
Some Aussie made powder

https://i.imgur.com/eVktp2O.jpg

Made in stralia mate but owned by overseas interests. Still a good product though thanks for reminding me. Hows the Lithgow in 223 go? Lithgow used to make some damn good no nonsense Rifles as did sportco. and fieldman (iirr). ;)

Edit to Add Woodleigh Bullets and Bertram Brass.

nojdam said:
Eluvial said:
I recently bought a sPo1 from Phase Tech and waiting for GME speakers and a 15 inch DD coil to arrive in stock..
Top bloke with excellent service and speedy delivery.. :100: :Y:

Also bought an sp01 from Nenad on 21/04
Tracking # shows it still sitting at Hallett Cove PO :mad:

It hitchhiked to Melbourne, yay!

Wishfull said:
Smoky bandit said:
Gpx5000 said:
Smoky bandit said:

Hey Smokie,

Cheers
Yes mate,

You need a licence for any rifled air gun
Not sure about smooth bored ones. Its still a firearm though. So probably yes as well. Even paint guns need one.

Can't even buy a slingshot in NSW

jethro said:
madtuna said:
Some Aussie made powder

Made in stralia mate but owned by overseas interests. Still a good product though thanks for reminding me. Hows the Lithgow in 223 go? Lithgow used to make some damn good no nonsense Rifles as did sportco. and fieldman (iirr). ;)

Don't know personally mate, mines in 308. But I have mates who have them in 223 and creedmore and they swear by them.

madtuna said:
jethro said:
madtuna said:
Some Aussie made powder

Don't know personally mate, mines in 308. But I have mates who have them in 223 and creedmore and they swear by them.

So BM2 goes ok in 308?. I dont own one in that calibre but my brother does. :perfect:

sorry...bm2?

Mine is the La102 but in a chassis.
Absolutely love it! Load development is a piece of p!ss because there's not much that wont shoot through it.

madtuna said:
sorry...bm2?

Mine is the La102 but in a chassis.
Absolutely love it! Load development is a piece of p!ss because there's not much that wont shoot through it.
BM2= ADI Bench Mark 2, the powder in the Photo, Made just down the road from me near Benalla Victoria :power: Id hate to think what we'd do for reloading powders if ADI packed up and moved offshore. Also how much it would cost when we could get it. My latest acquisition is in 450marlin so I may actually be able to get ammo off the shelf for it, if I ever run out of the stuff that came with it as part of the package from the chap who sold it to me. :p :p

Latest posts