Shave For a Cure - Big day today!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes mate. I didn't actually realise that you put the link up further and I didn't know how to. The girls have been doing all of that. Here it is for anyone else that wants to look.

https://secure.leukaemiafoundation.org. #&panel1-2

Thank you to the P.A. members that have donated - very much appreciated. And has helped it to grow far bigger than what they first hoped for. The first goal was just $1000 and then $4000 and then it just grew a life of its own.

They have just finished a series of Facebook auctions from stuff that local businesses donated which I think added over another $1,000 to the total.

The link stays open for a few months I think but I can't see the total going much higher than this.

Their hair has gone from hard stubble to about 9mm long and quite soft. Theirs is growing a lot faster than mine unfortunately :lol:

Cheers, N.E. :Y:

Wow what a beautiful little spirit Luna is without her health issues. I wish Luna and all her family the best for the future :flowers: I'm sure she will help everyone at RCH with her positive attitude :heart:

Having spent some long 4 weeks in the Melbourne Childrens Hospital with Kato at a very young age, and seeing kids there in the same position as Luna,
as we have also seen here in Adelaide.

I can patently say that she is in the best of hands there.

14 years ago I was researching Kato's personal issue and spent two weeks between the Childrens Hospital and Monash Uni Medical Research.
The staff at the Hospital were welcoming and provided some amasing details about their work and processes with cancer treatments and stemcell research,
I was afforded the same at Monash Uni, at a time that there were issues with anti-stemcell protesters and even death threats.

The main doctor involved, head of the team, was doing his work own work also to find a possible cure for diabetes, he had two young children both with pumps.
Very motivated I can tell you.

I was humbled by the staff, the work and the challenges faced, getting that close to sciences of that nature was pretty heavy.
And it brings up emotions even now as I type.

As I said, I believe she is in the best place to be helped.

God bless Luna and her family, its a long road to walk.

What a little sweetheart. Such a generous spirit that shines through.

Wishing her all the best for her treatment - she'll get it at RCH - it's a brilliant hospital.

Cheers,
Megsy

Latest posts