Tibooburra Pastoral Leases

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know of any resource that shows the Pastoral Lease boundaries in Tibooburra area? Have been looking in Minview, seaching the web, Doug Stone Gold atlas and Jim Foster Tibooburra gold. I can see the homesteads in Minview, but not boundaries.

I believe that Mt Poole and Mt Browne are off limits, Gumvale and Mt Stuart along with the Common are okay. (Please let me know if any different).

Even, any info on the Gumvale boundary on the map below would be very appreciated. I think Evans Gully is included, unsure about Jeffreys Flat.

Thanks in advance, John

1596940860_gumvale_q.jpg

Go into Add layer then Administrative boundaries then select Lots.
Should show the boundaries of each lot.
You would still need to know what lots belong to which station or the Common though.
Maybe you could marry them up with some of the other things your using to get a pretty good idea.
I believe the pub or general store have a mud map of the Common but I haven't made it up there as yet.
Maybe if someone has that it might help too?

Hi MBasko, appreciate your suggestions. I have now check out 'Lots' , adds a bit more to the picture. I like to be absolutely sure, which will also help with research before the trip. Yes, I will confirm with the general store when paying my dues. Hopefully intra state travel in NSW will be allowed when we plan to head off end Sept. Cheers.

Hi Winterwood

Most of your map is of Gumvale.

For access to Gumvale you need to pop into the Tibooburra Hotel (the 2 storey one almost opposite the Family Hotel) in the main street. When there look at the new wooden bar too.

For access to Mt Stuart you used to go to the general store/servo at the southern end of town. I think that is still current.

I'm up there, hopefully, around the same time.

Hi Detectist. Thanks heaps, was hoping mostly Gumvale.

This is my first trip to Tibooburra, counting down the days :)

May bump into you over there. Cheers ...

Gday Winterwood,
Last time I was up there, when you paid your fee at the pub, they supplied you with a mud map of the tracks around Gumvale.
Its a huge area and the tracks are not too bad. Your map shows mostly Gumvale station.
Good luck up there, youve certainly got the right detector.
These pics were taken around Jeffreys flat area.
1597054636_21979229-e708-474d-aec7-b25b150f82ca.jpg

1597054636_a1ca9a24-658a-4afc-bc25-22b48ec77862.jpg

Nice pics Ozzie
I once knew a bloke who lived there, sadly passed a few years ago, he knew every inch of the place and certainty would of helped with advice.
I'd love to make a trip there also, but the loss has slowed my plans. I'm trying to remember all what he told me but I never put pen to paper as most of the info was over the phone. Like others have said, go to the pub then go from there. Good luck

Top photos Ozzie. Looks a great place to explore. Sure hoping the zed will do its part.

Hey Skip, thanks for advice. Sorry for your loss, heading out there may trigger a few memories on what he passed on to you.

I'll post a few pics on my return. Now, just gotta wait 45 days :(

Latest posts