Thieves

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muk

Reaction score
Yesterday got a phone call from my daughter who is moving into our house in Bendigo Victoria. She noticed something strange and it turns out we have been robbed overnight. Stole 2tvs, 4rifles drilled the locks out of gun cabinet,4compound bows,6recurve bows,arrows,broad heads and took everything from my detecting glass cabinet heaps of relics gps pin pointers coils and who knows what else.They also stole my wifes silver 2006 SS commadore we are in WA working so its going to be hard to know exactly what else they have taken until we can get back there police have been so hopefully they can do something not a great phone call cheers Muk.

Sorry to hear this Muk

Glad your daughter did not get hurt by them

It is very upsetting when this kind of thing happens

Goody

That sucks. I used to live somewhere with heaps of the thieves. Don't let them get you down :power:

Bugga Muk :mad: let's hope they're dum thieves hey. Maybe get some Photo's of your kit up on here and check list the timing that they've had in which to take it all. Get your daughter to canvas the neighbor's to see who has cctv camera footage that may show anything. Sounds like whover it was could have known you were either away.... or even maybe that you had something for sale in the recent past that caught their attention enough that they followed through enough to get your address for a viewing, and then maybe never turned up ? (could be a phone number lead there in your phone logs)
Did they have the car keys available to them or would they have used a car trailer that they hired locally to shift it.... hopefully if they drove it away you could get a speed or red light fine that gives you a date or time (and direction to go by). Have there been any other similar robberies in the greater district where stolen gear was recovered (could get you a personal lead with a name published in the court reports).
I don't know if there is a national stolen riffle registrar that gun shops and hock shops check before they buy or loan... but if there is you should have your guns and serial numbers on it asap.

Best to do some of your own detective work... if only for piece of mind in the long run.... or a lead to your gear :perfect: hope it works out well for you mate.

Bad luck MUK. If they are dumb thieves they may try and flog some of the pieces off locally at pawn shops etc

Good luck with getting it back and you would assume that the coppers would be canvassing local places

Rodt said:
Bad luck MUK. If they are dumb thieves they may try and flog some of the pieces off locally at pawn shops etc

Good luck with getting it back and you would assume that the coppers would be canvassing local places

Especially with firearms involved :Y:

Thanks for your thoughts every one the keys to the car were in the house they took all my paper work for the rifles. I had a set of 3 100 year old stone bottles in my relic cabinet gone my daughter is going to do a face time walk around to see what else is gone not sure about all my power tools,welders,sluices my indoor 3car carport used as a shed was full of gear also dont know what else is missing from all the rooms my daughter was there Thursday night all ok went back Saturday morning to start moving in and discovered it so Friday Friday night? Cheers Muk.

That's one hell of a haul - do you have an accurate date/time? Get the word out to friends and family who can post on Facebook as the more you get the word out, the more eyes and ears you have. That way if something suspicious is seen or heard, you are more likely to get a response.

Don't dismiss it, there have been MANY a crime solved this way. Now that's using social media for good instead of evil ]:D

Now forgive me for being presumptuous, but this does not sound like a spare of the moment petty robber breaking in for some drug money. This is well planned, and well executed crime. I would be hugely surprised if these people (plural!) didn't know you, what you had, or what size truck they were going to need....

We can all do our part here, members - keep an eye out on Gumtree, Facebook Buy/Swap/Sell sites and eBay, QUESTION any goods you see in relation to Muk's misfortune. Like Diggers of past (pun intended), we are Aussies, we stick together, and we help our mates.....

1612659539_fbp.jpg

Doing my bit....

Thanks everyone no xt17000 but heaps of stuff gone trying to make a accurate list for police but it gets bigger and bigger detectives that came for finger prints didnt get any at all said they must of wore gloves it depresses me thinking of what else has gone that I dont know about yet. Cheers Muk.

Obviously very professional, makes the blood boil to think about how little the scum cares what they do to your life. But there has always been parasites and vultures in the world and always will be. Put up whatever you can that we can look out for. I hope it works out mate and i am sure we will all help in any way we can.
Jim. :bomb: :bomb: ]:D

Ps has to be a bomb there is no emoji with a noose.

Latest posts