theoretical - $100,000 spend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
axeman said:
Goldpick said:
A new 4WD, offroad caravan, a couple of decent gold and coin detectors would satisfy me - sell up the house, and just cruise around enjoying life. :)
I'd do the same Goldpick. A decent 4x4 that I could possibly work on if it breaks down (would love an okka), small offroad van, a GPX 5000, wallbanker ect. Rent the house out then off on a prospecting trip around oz.
:) Mick

+1

I'm looking to live this dream very soon. Only thing I'm missing is the hundred grand :lol:

10 x 100m deep drillholes best way of improving the value of ya lease - improve the resource estimate. ( not sure of RC/RAB/diamond drilling rates these days). Wouldnt go far after surveying, drilling, sampling and orebody modelling

How much would a bore drill cost? I've seen the portable hand-held ones and they were around $5-6,000 from memory, but I don't think they go deep (could be wrong though).

I imagine there would need to be a large contingency for fuel and repair on any operation.

Hurg said:
How much would a bore drill cost? I've seen the portable hand-held ones and they were around $5-6,000 from memory, but I don't think they go deep (could be wrong though).

I imagine there would need to be a large contingency for fuel and repair on any operation.

SHAW DRILL cool little item, can punch down 20meters, its next on the " oh honey, looked at what popped up in the mail" list!!!! :lol:

dwt said:
Hurg said:

SHAW DRILL cool little item, can punch down 20meters, its next on the " oh honey, looked at what popped up in the mail" list!!!! :lol:

Dear Santa
Ive been really really good
I really want one of these for Christmas
[What a nice bit of gear]..... :cool: :cool:

I got a Cat 216B with forks- Auger and bucket for 14k... ready for anyones 100k budget :)

dwt said:

20 metres? wow, didn't expect it to go that deep.

Small track mounted drill rig capable of 30metres then pay someone to put together a work plan, E I statement & application for EL over some of the historic workings that have not had a modern survey done in my area. If I had any change an excavator with an extra long dipper arm would be handy as well.

I would hire wal, liz, Colin and lea, and pick their brains on everything gem for a few days, I would hire liz to teach me how to cut stones, then buy 4wd, build a walbanker, and send a case of beer to them each every time I found a stone over 40ct. Oh and a pop up trailer.

Jessiy said:
I would hire wal, liz, Colin and lea, and pick their brains on everything gem for a few days, I would hire liz to teach me how to cut stones, then buy 4wd, build a walbanker, and send a case of beer to them each every time I found a stone over 40ct. Oh and a pop up trailer.
YUP :)

Well i have the 100k, maybe need to buy some land :D

Tried to buy a 5600 acre block in south west aus near Coorow but missed out on the auction. Could always enter a JV with other private investors to develop a parcel of land with a mining lease.

Gotta say the 4WD, camper trailer, GPX5000 and wallbanker seems to be a good plan, no boundaries, go over to the west next winter, back home to my favourite spots, and back again.......I'm just drifting off and having a little dream......

Good night

PS donation of 100k welcome, cash, paypal or gold bullion accepted

Latest posts