The Vic Wet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty ordinary around these parts, Seymour, Broadford and everywhere in between. The Goulburn River has reached above 8 metres exceeding the 1974 record for Seymour. Save for the levy banks Seymour would be completely inundated. It's severely impacted don't get me wrong, fortunately the levy banks have slowed the impact.

Just had a look on Google and it looks like a pretty little town of about 7,000 people. Pukka is fairly close so you would think in an emergency the Army would help.
I also just read on Higgins that parts of Vic may experience a "Once In 200 Years Flood Event". So now I have heard of a ten-year event, 50-year event, 100-year event and now 200-year event. Thank God we haven't experienced a Great Flood event or we are all stuffed! Stay Safe. Mackka

Last edited:
It's pretty ordinary around these parts, Seymour, Broadford and everywhere in between. The Goulburn River has reached above 8 metres exceeding the 1974 record for Seymour. Save for the levy banks Seymour would be completely inundated. It's severely impacted don't get me wrong, fortunately the levy banks have slowed the impact.
There is no levy bank in Seymour. There is a sign in a (now underwater paddock) showing where it should be..

Latest posts