The Storm is coming....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the news is stating: "Victorians were warned not to go camping this weekend and were reminded that 15 centimetres of water on the road was all it took for a car to lose traction and float". "We're going to have major flooding problems around the state, probably many roads cut. I suspect it will be impacted as badly as most of us have ever seen".

I hope its not too bad but as the bureau of met has admitted before low pressure systems are notoriously hard to predict,so they go with a worst case scenario. Also could be highly dependant on where the storms go as to rainfall totals. Glad Im on top of a hill just in case . Stay safe everyone .

It's not sounding to good for us Mexicans , from the reports I'm seeing and reading it's meant to be real bad !
So I would recommend to everyone ( if you haven't already ) to get up and clean the gutters out and for people who's driveways run down towards there house to seriously consider getting your hands on a few sandbags just in case and to also have your mops , brooms and buckets at the ready ! And most of all stay safe and please don't attempt to drive throu flood waters

aussiefarmer said:
Going to need a bigger sluice ;)

Mate if it's as big as they say it is then all the creeks and rivers are going to flood, I have my heart set on getting out for a pan before Christmas and
a flood is just what I needed to replenish an already awesome creek. :) :Y:

Well I'm off to Deer Park then out to Pakenham in the truck so the home leg is over the top from Pakky. Chucked the chainsaw in just in case. If the weather and road reports tomorrow arvo don't support my intention I'll be on the major freeways crawling and not happy. I don't like driving in the metro system at any time let alone during a 1/100 weather system.

RM Outback said:
Well I'm off to Deer Park then out to Pakenham in the truck so the home leg is over the top from Pakky. Chucked the chainsaw in just in case. If the weather and road reports tomorrow arvo don't support my intention I'll be on the major freeways crawling and not happy. I don't like driving in the metro system at any time let alone during a 1/100 weather system.

Well that sucks big time , just stay safe out there.

The whole problem is with the crazy hype of storm events is that most of us here know what and how to deal with it if it happens, its all the rest of them that we have to worry about. Last time we got big rain totals here bout 30 years ago half the paddocks ended up in the dams. Bloody awsome fun back then trying to get the bike and paddock bomb through the mud ,only to get a clip behind the ear when they got stuck.
Bloody idiot what were ya trying to that for, Cause we could. Thats just what we did. Its happened before and will happen again

I don't think they are far of it some how. :eek:
Stay safe folk's.
1512044116_mildura_bom.jpg

My 4wd has a snorkle so no big deal for me, but for those that drive road cars or no snorkle fitted be aware the air intake is often low down or is a silly spot.
If you do drive through even shallow water fast it can bring water up to the intake and kill your engine.
Just take it slow and steady, but stay away from deep water if not sure just wait.
Have a look here how even a purpose built 4wd was destroyed in 10cm of water because he had no snorkle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QDSMnNqTWc

Wow, I am lucky! I drove to and from Melbourne from the Illawarra last weekend for my daughter's cheerleading competition. Lucky it's not this weekend, I don't know how I would have gone getting there and back with that rain. Side note for those that are interested...Cheerleading is an awesome sport, its got a bit of everything health/fitness wise. And when you see those top level cheer teams go, amazing stuff.

I also wanted to stop for pan down in Vic too, sadly that was not a possibility ...

Latest posts