The Movies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowerpot

Kerrie
Reaction score
Saw a moofie tonight

The remake of A Star is Born
I have never watched to original, but I loved this movie, the music is really good, Bradley Cooper is a hottie in the role and Lady Gaga is so beautiful in her role without all the crap she usually wears.
I cried at the end tho, I was surprised by the ending.

Also recently I watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs as suggested by savage bitter and that too was really good to watch, pretty graphically violent in places, but light hearted in places too, typical Coen Brothers stuff, lots of surprises, will watch it again. Its five short stories, way out there stories.
That was a good film.

Anyone else got some moofies worth watching?

I keep myself so busy I rarely have time to watch moofies :playful: , although I would like to see 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs based on the reviews I see & hear.
I always "discover" new movies a year or two after they're released :lol:
I need to try & catch up on movies before I retire in a few years, coz then I wont have any time at all :eek:

Hey Ded, Buster Scruggs is available on Netflix, if you have the app.
Take some time off and put your feet up. :D

Last Saturday I took Mrs Gates to the movies to see Bohemian Rhapsody. I've always liked Queen's music and I knew a little bit about Freddy Mercury's life, so this movie was great to watch and sing along to.
Well worth watching...and pleasantly surprised by the ticket price, only $11 each.

Can't remember the last movie I saw at a cinema, though.

regards
rusty...

Smoky bandit said:
Give me action and violence.
Sons of anarchy :Y: :Y: :Y:
Vikings :Y: :Y: :Y:
Bad blood :Y:
Last kingdom :Y: :Y:
All on Netflix.
Looking forward to
1% and
The mayans...(spin off from sons of Anarchy)

I recently watched a series called The Shield. I reckon you would like that.

Smoky bandit said:
Give me action and violence.
Sons of anarchy :Y: :Y: :Y:
Vikings :Y: :Y: :Y:
Bad blood :Y:
Last kingdom :Y: :Y:
All on Netflix.
Looking forward to
1% and
The mayans...(spin off from sons of Anarchy)

The Mayans MC was as good as SOA, looking forward to season 2.

rusty gates said:
Last Saturday I took Mrs Gates to the movies to see Bohemian Rhapsody. I've always liked Queen's music and I knew a little bit about Freddy Mercury's life, so this movie was great to watch and sing along to.
Well worth watching...and pleasantly surprised by the ticket price, only $11 each.

regards
rusty...

I thought the movie was well done but now I can't get those songs out of my head, and when I sing along it is worse.

If youre into the Coen bros. then you will enjoy Fargo, the movie, and if you want to really blob out for awhile watch the tv series based on it.
The short story about the prospector in Buster Scruggs was a hoot, as was Buster at the start.
Bloody loved it.. :trophy:

rusty gates said:

regards
rusty...
Have to agree Rusty,fantastic movie,my wife and I enjoyed it immensely.Freddy Mercury was an absolute legend of the music industry.Some friends of mine were at a different session to us and apparently during the "We Will Rock You" part of the movie,the whole cinema was stomping their feet and clapping the riff to the song.

Year One. It has Jack Black. It is a bit stupid but also a bit enlightening. (Netflix)

Young Guns 1 and 2. Probably my 2 favorite movies - especially 2.

Bernie. Also Jack Black but in a serious, based on a true story role. Great film.

I love You Phillip Morris. A serious Jim Carey film, also based on a true story. Very strange, a bit funny and amazing that it's based on true events.

Mary Poppins. It might sound strange but watching this film as an adult is hilarious but there is also a fairly poignant under story about spending more time with your kids.

Pretty Woman, Field of Dreams, The Man From Snowy River, Terminator, Predator, Star Wars (especially the original 3) - all movies I have watched more than once and would sit down again and watch them ;)

Danny Trejo Movies

Famous As
Actor
Born May 16, 1944 (age 74)
Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Residence San Fernando Valley, California, U.S.
Occupation Actor
Years active 1977present
Height 5 ft 5 in (165 cm)
Spouse(s) Debbie Shreve
(m. 1997; div. 2009)
Children 5

Just finished watching the series Friday on my Mind about the Easybeats. A great insight into the rock culture of Aus in the 60s
Would appeal to all you baby boomers out there.
Available on Iview on the ABC.

Northeast said:
Mary Poppins. It might sound strange but watching this film as an adult is hilarious but there is also a fairly poignant under story about spending more time with your kids
;)
Hehehe :p

I like disaster films such as Meteor, Armageddon, etc. Also like adventure, Sci-fi, westerns and warries.
Favourite film of all time - Gladiator.
Seen the preview for Aquaman. Great looking special effects.
It should be at the moofies soon.

Went back to the movies today and watched A Star is Born for the second time.
Yep still love it. :party:

Latest posts