The Joys of off road Driving

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OzzieAu said:

They are incredible off road, he must of done something silly to park it like that, I was going to buy one a few years back because the insurance is cheap because they are classed as a Tractor, They have about 16 forward Gears and 16 Reverses and they can wade 5 feet of water and the best bit they can legally Tow 100 tons of rolling stock, Just the sort of thing I need to bring home that big Nugget when I find it, Lol

There would be some serious weight on the rear axle but not so much on the front. The track is probably a lot rougher than it looks in the picture, but then again it is in the States so maybe not.

I have seen a pair of these go up a fairly hard track in a state forest not so far from where I live, they are incredible to watch, must have been pretty unlucky to have that happen
Saying that tho I have put one of my 4x4s on its side/rolled itt on six separate occasions

jamie said:
It would be so top heavy, it wouldnt take a lot to get it to tip over I think

Yeah that's right, in their original form as a track they would be fine but all that weight up top doesn't help because being a Truck the springs are not very forgiving, where on a 4x4 they have softer progressive springs.

good thing is they have self inflating Tyres and at the flick of a switch or a lever you can make them left or right hand Drive.

Latest posts