Testing 16" Round Nugget Finder Mono (GPX5000)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Syndyne said:
G'day Heatho,

Cheers!

Yeah, that's a very good point! I will probably give it another go running the headphones. I'd say it would be very similar overall due to the basic nature of the tests. The wind and other variables can also limit the ability to hear faint targets now and again if you aren't careful. These responses were quite good, other than the 10" test in Enhance which was right on the limit of that timings ability to hear the nugget. That will be the first one to try again.

It's funny you mention the careful hearing (coinciding from a form of audio/aural training) as I've been discussing that at some length recently with a good friend of mine (he'll join up here soon) who's run a 4500 and had some very tiny finds over time that he believes he wouldn't have heard if not for many years of musical training. He is an extremely good musician (he plays guitar at a semi professional level). We've now realised that having the ability to recognise very slight tonal variables in the threshold is key with the Minelabs. Even though I spent all my life studying drumming in various forms, also taking up guitar/bass to a decent degree in the 90's which helped me expand greatly tonal and notation-wise. Learning to hear subtle pitch variation from many years of tuning instruments etc. could now really pay off ;)

This has been my daily space for thirty two years now (when I'm not on the electric kit)-
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/378/1371696032_profile.jpg

Who would've known the correlation between music and gold would've become so important? :D
As soon as I get a clear day I'll head out and put the headphones to the same tests and report back to offer up the findings.
Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Sweet Kit,, I Have A Guitar and Amp I am Going to be Selling Soon I just haven't used the Amp and I have only played the Guitar for About 2 or 3 Hours,

Thanks for posting it,, John

Latest posts