Terrorist alert

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlS

Karl
Reaction score
Although prime minister said there is not specific threat to Australia, local Westfield shopping center removed all rubbish bins from center. Just hope that they will hire extra cleaners.
Karl

It's a worry with whats going on around the world and its
Gonna get worse before it gets better I think.

Hopefully this is a false alarm though..

More chance of dying from bee sting, car accident and many other melodies. But for "Terrorism" we will spend billions and take away the civil liberties of our countrymen.
Use terrorism as an excuse and as a Government you can do anything you want. I am not convinced, you only have to look at where McAmerica has gone under the threat of terrorism. Land of the free? Hardly. Would have to be one of the most closley regulated and policed countries in the world. We do not want to go down that same path, but I think that is exactly where we are headed.

We noted in 2011:

You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/04/statistics-you-are-not-going-to-be-killed-by-terrorists.html
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2013/0...o-be-killed-by-mundane-things-than-terrorism/

Imagine how many real deaths could be prevented if "terrorism Prevention" money was spent preventing some of the above.

Don't panic, stay calm, hand over your rights and we will look after you. :/
Terrorism is about spreading terror and percieved fear, exactly what our Governments are doing... :rolleyes:

This pretty well much sums it up in my opinion. If it is 20million to 1 in the USA what is it here? 40 or 50 million to 1. Wish my lotto odds were that good.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 05:28 AM PDT
Odds of Dying by Terrorist Attack: 20,000,000 to 1

That's 20 Million to 1
The mission of the Global War on Terror (GWOT) is to "Keep Us Safe.". That's been the government mantra by Bush and Obama.

Ok, let me get this straight. So for the sake of 20,000,000 to 1 Odds, the government has us so scared that we are willing to give up Constitutional freedoms, incur ruinous amounts of debt, and forsake our morality and sense of decency? The GWOT is an INSANE response to such a small threat.

Let's just be honest with ourselves. The GWOT benefits first and foremost the Military Industrial Complex (MIC) and Surveillance Industrial Complex (SIC). Oh, and of course the Oil companies.

The GWOT is no longer about ridding the world of goat herders with AK47s who hate America. And god knows that US policies have done everything possible to MAKE them hate us.

When did you ever hear any leader say "Let's not be Paranoid people. The Odds of Dying by Terrorist are extremely low." You won't hear that because it just doesn't fit the narrative that perpetuates the GWOT.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/14/1215687/-Odds-of-Dying-by-Terrorist-Attack-20-000-000-to-1

Dogmatic said:
This pretty well much sums it up....... You won't hear that because it just doesn't fit the narrative that perpetuates the GWOT.

hear hear

Probably raised because of this:

Islamic centre raided: Police search Logan centre linked to Syria conflict, two men arrested

Two men have been arrested for alleged terrorism offences after a federal police raid on a Queensland Islamic centre linked to the conflict in Syria.

The men have been accused of helping to recruit, facilitate and fund people to travel to Syria to engage in hostile activities.

Australian Federal Police (AFP) officers and the Queensland Police Service earlier searched the iQraa Islamic centre and bookstore in Logan, south of Brisbane.

Several other properties in Brisbane were also raided, including a gym in Logan.

One of the centre's founders is believed to be the brother of Abu Asma al Australi, who is suspected of being the first Australian suicide bomber to die in Syria.

The raids come a day after the head of Australia's domestic spy agency, David Irvine, said the country's official terror threat level could be upgraded in the next few days.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-10/two-men-arrested-after-raid-on-islamic-centre/5733134

likely or unlikely ...... we still keep our eyes open for anything.

If you see a guy ( or girl ) loading up a car or van with bags of fertiliser or gas bottles then park your asss somewhere that you can discretely seem them , note their vehicle rego and get on the phone to triple 000 , or phone the anti terrorism hotline number 1800 123400

Police would prefer to check something out and get a dud rather than have a tragedy "that was missed by a beesdikc"

( apologies to any bee's that might be offended by any sleight against their sexual prowess )

EEEK! :eek: I live in a farming district, Iv seen plenty of people load up fertiliser and gas bottles! Not sure what they are planning to blow up though? Sheep perhaps :lol: Better get busy on my phone ;)

A lot of arrests this morning in raids across Sydney.

321645-10af90a0-3ebd-11e4-838b-bf46f1dce380.jpg

A PUBLIC execution of a random Australian was designed to shock the community, a Sydney court has heard.

Details of the alleged plot have emerged as the first man charged after this mornings terror raids has appeared in Sydney Local Court on one charge to act in preparation/planning for terrorist attack.

Lawyers for Omarjan Azari, 22, said he would make no application for bail.

Azari is accused of conspiring with Mohammed Ali Baryalei, the most senior Australian involved in Islamic State.

Commonwealth prosecutor Michael Allnutt alleged the plan to commit the act was designed to shock, horrify, and terrify the community.

I don't think Ive seen much worse, he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/aus...ected-terrorists/story-fncynjr2-1227062204389

Crazy stuff! :eek:

Apparently they were planning to chop someone's head off (just a random person off the street, probably more than one) and put the video up on the internet.

ABC is reporting that one of them got a black eye when arrested and is complaining about the police (typical ABC). If you want to play in the big league......

Well what can I say' I unplugged the TV 3 years ago so that I was not supporting all this crazy stuff' and media garbage.
Those ppl that we know to be terrorist looking''' happen to be really nice fruit growers with strong religious beliefs they have enough drama's pruning trees let alone making bombs. Each to there own I guess...

What worries me they got wind of this fron one tapped phone call.
Some poor person was going to be picked from random of the street then had there head hacked off alive to prove a point.
In Public.
So therefore what is being going on under what we do know and are being told.
Maybe this is an umbrella and was perposely set up to test how good the local authority's are.
Terrorism is what it is But, What do our enforcer's really know.

We don't know all the facts yet, only what the media want us to believe.
Let us not forget 9/11. Come on !
You mean we were able to avert someone who allegedly was going to cut someone's head off.
However the US missed all those planes flying around piloted by terrorist's
I know what to do now!
Let's send more troops and more planes.
There is a grander plan unfolding. Watch out for the smoke and mirrors.
WAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08CnT4TtZ_U

I live in Sydney. Yes this scares me. I work in construction on major projects. And then when you hear that certain people in Sydney on these jobs are helping to fund this. Whether true or not creates fear!!! I for sure wouldn't be surprised that australia will be next.

Latest posts