T Shirt fishing artwork roughs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought i'd post a few T shirt designs i'm working up at the moment. As can be seen they are only roughs at present and if i take any further i'll post up the finished artwork to view. These would all probably end up very colourful designs that are a bit 'out there' on black t shirts. Cheers and hope you enjoy.
1464913810_img_4559.jpg
1464913833_img_4558.jpg
1464913855_img_4560.jpg
1464913887_img_4561.jpg

Jaros said:
You are a busy man and a great talent Scrounger. Luv your work.
Jaros :p
Thanks Jaros, much appreciated, yeah very busy but what's the saying about idle hands/minds? :lol:

AtomRat said:
Nice work mate! Do you do the printing as well?
Not any more Atom, i had my own screenprinting business down in Melbourne for 21 years until i saw the light mate and got outta there :lol:

Great work there Scrounger is that top 1 a Murray Cod? If they are to be sold where & when would I be able to get a couple for my boys.

RM Outback said:
Great work there Scrounger is that top 1 a Murray Cod? If they are to be sold where & when would I be able to get a couple for my boys.
Thanks RM, yep top one is my 'psychedelic' murray cod. Not sure yet but more than likely directly through the Australian Fishing Network. We're looking at doing short run collector type editions, but they may not even get off the ground due to pricing. I still get paid to draw them though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the update Scrounger I hope they do make it as a saleable item. My boys would be stoked to wear your artwork, their keen young fishermen.

kemjak57 said:
For us northerners you could do the bass one with the caption "Pull on ya Barrum Undies". Just a thought :D
I like that saying kemjak, never heard it before, or is that because you just made it up?

kawman said:
you should be doing sign writing mate.. I just had some done...big bucks for good work..... :)
When i first left school i was training as a ticket writer kawman, and that even then was a dying art so i took on screenprinting instead of signwriting.
Art, fishing and hunting were the only things i was good at and i've made a living from all three for virtually all of my life because i was a dumb arse and didn't study at school :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just amazing Design work mate, why pay attention at school when you have talent like that?

Really nice to see real hand drawn art rather than photoshop generated stuff.

Love to see the full colour finished products when completed.
They would make good wall hanging prints for the Cave.

clegy said:
Just amazing Design work mate, why pay attention at school when you have talent like that?

Really nice to see real hand drawn art rather than photoshop generated stuff.

Love to see the full colour finished products when completed.
They would make good wall hanging prints for the Cave.
Thanks Clegy, yeah i agree about the computer generated stuff. I work with a few young people who are graphic designers using computers and while they have wonderful computer skills they actually can't draw and have little understanding of shape, balance, negative space etc. In the olden days (showing my age ha) to be a designer/ graphic artist you had to have natural or learnt drawing skills, unfortunately that's no longer the case these days, that's why traditional sign writers relying on tins of paints, gold leaf and brushes etc are so expensive to employ, there is a skill and craftmanship that is being lost and taken over by vinyl cut letters and cad cam design.

BigWave said:
Negative space? What happens if you're bold enough to go there? Sounds a bit like black holes - I don't want to go there!
Negative space is usually white areas within a design (or pale coloured areas) where the eye can rest away from all the areas that have active design such as words and pictures BigWave. :lol:

Latest posts