STOLEN was a GPX 5000 ,XTERRA 705, XTERRA 305 ,ETRAC and an old compas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lambs73 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Look,, I've had another Brain Fart, So I need someone who can help put it in motion??

If Terry or Someone Can Supply Another 705 At COST Price OR Someone Else Donate IT, And We Raffle It Off, NOW I am Prepared to pay Between $20 To $100 Bucks A Ticket, NOW I sagest That the Ticket Price be Variable And People ONLY Pay What they Can Afford anywhere between that 20-100 Bucks and then the Proceeds Can Go To Terry and some Lucky person Get A Hell Of A Detector,

NOTE:- If I Win It, Please Hand It Over To That Group On Here that Always Needs Detectors,

I will Leave the Fine Tuning to You Clever Blokes??

shite Tall Order?? John

PS, is that Group Called PMAV or have I got it WRONG??

PPS, And I will Buy The First Ticket,

No disrespect to the owners at detect-a-den,
But this is what insurance is for.

Yes it's wrong to steal,
yes it's been mentioned that detect-a-den has supported this forum, maybe once or twice,
Yes the owner has been mentioned as being a nice guy,

But seriously, insurance, good store security etc etc etc.

Are we going to start being lovey feely freedom fighters and start donating money to ALL small businesses in canberra or anywhere else for that matter that get knocked over.

How do you know the owners of Decta-a-den aren't multiple business owners or land owners or just loaded in general, so again let their insurance fix the problem and let the police deal with the guilty.

Insurance insurance insurance.

Well I will leave it Be Then.

Ridge Runner said:
Lambs73 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Look,, I've had another Brain Fart, So I need someone who can help put it in motion??

If Terry or Someone Can Supply Another 705 At COST Price OR Someone Else Donate IT, And We Raffle It Off, NOW I am Prepared to pay Between $20 To $100 Bucks A Ticket, NOW I sagest That the Ticket Price be Variable And People ONLY Pay What they Can Afford anywhere between that 20-100 Bucks and then the Proceeds Can Go To Terry and some Lucky person Get A Hell Of A Detector,

NOTE:- If I Win It, Please Hand It Over To That Group On Here that Always Needs Detectors,

shite Tall Order?? John

Yes it's wrong to steal,
yes it's been mentioned that detect-a-den has supported this forum, maybe once or twice,

Are we going to start being lovey feely freedom fighters and start donating money to ALL small businesses in canberra or anywhere else for that matter that get knocked over.

How do you know the owners of Decta-a-den aren't multiple business owners or land owners or just loaded in general, so again let their insurance fix the problem and let the police deal with the guilty.

Well I will leave it Be Then.

Don't get me wrong ridge runner,
I can appreciate your obviously a kind and sincere person and frankly your thoughts and offers are first class, that only a quality person would consider. You need a pat on the back.

I just feel Detecta-a-den or other small businesses have procedures or insurance in place (or should have) for these sort of things.
I don't condon theft, but it's not the end of a business. Some people lose everything in other circumstances and they probably need more thought.

Anyway I'm rambling now.
Point is I think your offer and thought is first class, good on you. I just think they should have insurance for this sort of thing.

Regards

Lambi

Just read this on FB

Lock up ya detectors fellas,Guy in Ballarat went out for an hour and some bastard got in his house and stole his SDC ,Low dog act!!!

AngerManagement said:
Just read this on FB

Lock up ya detectors fellas,Guy in Ballarat went out for an hour and some bastard got in his house and stole his SDC ,Low dog act!!!

Geeze, It's turning into a bloody Trend, I hope he is a member here, maybe it will turn up.

AngerManagement said:
Just read this on FB

Another prick at it!!! :| :mad:

Lambs73 said:
Ridge Runner said:

shite Tall Order?? John

Yes it's wrong to steal,

Getting way off topic, as the original quote was to let prospectors know of stolen gear and serial numbers in case someone is looking to buy a stolen detector. Got nothing to do with store security, whether you own multiple businesses, or whether you own land or are loaded in general. The people who did this are scum and to suggest a remedy for it is "Insurance Insurance Insurance" is why small businesses who "claim" insurance suffer even more. Any idea what insurance companies do to your policy when making claims for break-ins.???....either obviously not, or you're an insurance broker!!! :mad:

Hope they catch the scum soon, and laws for such offenses become more than a slap on the wrist. If you're in the Canberra region and come across anyone trying to offload a cheap detector let Terry know.

Wal.

Who I choose to be friends with is not the issue here Lambi. Read your own post and decipher it for yourself. I'm answering here to give my own opinion, and if you don't like it too bad.... don't lose any sleep over it. If you want me to elaborate then feel free to PM me, as time is a precious commodity which I don't like wasting. I'll leave it that and don't want the thread to go off topic because of personal opinions.

Wal.

I need not say much more as you are doing well enough in portraying your true colours. PM me if you have an issue.

Wal.

A viewpoint by myself of what should happen to scum is a viw point only. What people do in other countries by cutting off fingers and hands for stealing is a viewpoint also, which has progressed to laws....not debating whether that's right or wrong.....(Wrong IMO just for the record). Because my opinions on the law over here are sometimes emotionally portrayed still gives me the right of an opinion and free speech....It's called democracy.

I'll leave it at that and if you want to start a new thread on "Western Ethics" I'll freely debate the issues in that topic. This will be my last response to you "re" this derailment.

Wal.

Wal,

your choice of free speech doesn't give you the right to attack another persons views, nor does it give you the right to incite vigilantism then hide behind democracy.

(Getting way off topic, as the original quote was to let prospectors know of stolen gear and serial numbers in case someone is looking to buy a stolen detector. Got nothing to do with store security, whether you own multiple businesses, or whether you own land or are loaded in general. The people who did this are scum and to suggest a remedy for it is "Insurance Insurance Insurance" is why small businesses who "claim" insurance suffer even more. Any idea what insurance companies do to your policy when making claims for break-ins.???....either obviously not, or you're an insurance broker!!! mad
Hope they catch the scum soon, and laws for such offenses become more than a slap on the wrist. If you're in the Canberra region and come across anyone trying to offload a cheap detector let Terry know.
Wal.)

Your personal attack on my opinion was completely uncalled for and a high o mighty personal view, yet your shallow self chooses to hide behind this public forum.
I sent you a PM yet your choice is to ignore and attempt to belittle me publicly.

Good for you mr High o Mighty.

While we're on the subject of theft. Apparently there a bit of a break enter and theft crime wave in Ballarat at present so don't leave valuables lying around. It's too hard earned to lose.

SCROUNGER said:
While we're on the subject of theft. Apparently there a bit of a break enter and theft crime wave in Ballarat at present so don't leave valuables lying around. It's too hard earned to lose.

That's why I own a theft prevention system. Nothin like a bit of an insurance policy than a shiney barrel with a 357 parrabellium inside it, not to mention roger dodgie my 1978 s&w 916 12"

All registered and licensed

Hell, you are armed next1m8. All i got are a swag of flyrods to whip them with if they get in. Think you've got the upper hand mate.

I used to be a competition shooter, hence why I own a small collection of arms, however I surrendered many more quite some time ago when I was planning on not renuing my license, stupid move bcos I ended up renewing it and well gave away my Comp gear

Lambs73 said:
Ridge Runner said:

shite Tall Order?? John

Yes it's wrong to steal,

Lambi for the record I am disappointed by the above comments.

I am also saddened by the attack on Wal - I have never seen anyone else so generous with time and advice. I hope you reflect on your comments as I feel a public apology is warranted.

Willo

Willo said:
Lambs73 said:
Ridge Runner said:

shite Tall Order?? John

Yes it's wrong to steal,

Lambi for the record I am disappointed by the above comments.

I am also saddened by the attack on Wal - I have never seen anyone else so generous with time and advice. I hope you reflect on your comments as I feel a public apology is warranted.

Willo

I have to agree with you Willo, I can never understand it when someone stands up for the rights of a criminal.

I firmly believe that once you commit a crime you waive all your rights. Going soft on low life's like the the scum that committed this crime is the reason it is becoming more widespread. If there is no deterrent why would they change their ways.

If you catch these pieces of trash Wal and you need a hand to educate them just give me a call. I was taught the difference between right and wrong.

No apology needed Willo...we've sorted it out via PM and no harm has been done. I probably shouldn't have been so against Insurance being a substitute for thieves, and the comment was thus misinterpreted by Lambs. Nothing was meant to be personally directed at Lambs....only the insurance remark was being addressed. We're all good, so lets keep the topic on retrieving the stolen goods. ;)

Wal.

WalnLiz said:
No apology needed Willo...we've sorted it out via PM and no harm has been done. I probably shouldn't have been so against Insurance being a substitute for thieves, and the comment was thus misinterpreted by Lambs. Nothing was meant to be personally directed at Lambs....only the insurance remark was being addressed. We're all good, so lets keep the topic on retrieving the stolen goods. ;)

Wal.

:)

My parents grog shop was done over 3 times within the first year they bought it, it pushed insurance up and made for some pretty edgy times. Once they got back to base security with a different company it never happened again errr if you know what I mean. We know who it was but couldn't prove it, cops were not interested. Anyway I know how Detectaden feel and it's not a good feeling, it does feel like a personal attack when you get burnt like that.