Stolen IPad and power bank

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneWolf said:
In some countries Thieves loose a hand....

LW

In Beechworth here trailbikes have been the target of late. A fella had two bikes stolen from his plant business. Notified the police but did his own investigating. Apparently 2 ice addicts in another town had his bikes ready to ship to Queensland. They got 150 hrs community service!

And they condemn the public taking matters into their own hands!

Aussiedigs said:
LoneWolf said:
In some countries Thieves loose a hand....

LW

In Beechworth here trailbikes have been the target of late. A fella had two bikes stolen from his plant business. Notified the police but did his own investigating. Apparently 2 ice addicts in another town had his bikes ready to ship to Queensland. They got 150 hrs community service!

And they condemn the public taking matters into their own hands!

I know of a few 300 foot deep mineshafts at home. But never never cross a filipna totally worse than any other nationality Ive ever seen

If you take the camera signs down you cannot use the footage in evidence against the thieves. Know of farmers who had filmed fuel thieves as plain as day but because he had not camera signs up the thieves walked free from court. The thieves knew this would happen as he didn't have any signs.
Sux dosen't it..........

Mount a camera down low, like in the garden... That usually catches their faces....

Yes the law is on the crims side isn't it... Same with recordings, you must tell them first..

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Mount a camera down low, like in the garden... That usually catches their faces....

Yes the law is on the crims side isn't it... Same with recordings, you must tell them first..

LW...

Not here in the Philippines. There is no requirement, just spoken to the local police. If it happens again , the locals will deal with it.

goldtrapper said:
If you take the camera signs down you cannot use the footage in evidence against the thieves.

Although I do love a good Internet myth, the law seems to state otherwise.

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/your-privacy-rights/surveillance-and-monitoring/security-cameras/

And this

https://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au/fact-sheet-ipc-privacy-statement-jurisdiction

And this

https://www.oic.qld.gov.au/guidelin...-video,-and-audio-recording-a-community-guide

I could go on and post links for every state, but the general rule is if it is a workplace you need to display signs (to cover the employees more so) and if it is a private residence, you don't.

Obviously home cameras must be mounted in places that won't get you into trouble yourself. For example, pointing in to your neighbours back yard, or pointing in to other dodgy places (don't need to explain that one I hope).

RM Outback said:
Not a nice feeling knowing someone has invaded your space :N: dirty rotten scumbags.
Camera set up. Fine turning it. Now I know which cat is placing his business on the front door mat. Bloody cat This cam is good going buy another one and take back Ballarat for the shed, the quick txt message is within a couple of seconds. Only one little problem I can see. The cloud only keeps for 24hrs So if your outback and no service for a couple of days Then its deleted. But you can pay for upgrade for more days.

Jazz said:
LoneWolf said:
Sorry I thought you were in Australia Ward... I was referring to Aussie laws....

LW....

So was I :p

All good lets see on Friday when back if I can see whats going on in Ballarat As no one will stay here for 3 months. It will all locked as normal. Have the local cops on standby.

I bought a cheap WiFi cam off eBay, put a 32g card in it, connect to your home WiFi it's sends pics via text and email, only records over footage when card is full, which is over a week....$38 delivered, plus its a PTZ one, so you can scan around, 1080p great price for peace of mind.

Bloody bugger its cold here in Ballarat. Yep Im back. , I stuffed up. The camera doesnt work from my Telstra account to review wifi setup in Philippines. It needs a port forwarding Bugger So my brother next door will set up under is account and then link me in. Hopefully that works Anyway. Im fixing a couple of jobs tomorrow. Dam pump broken, sheep need shearing, Oldest Son turns 21 in a couple of weeks and Get ready for this fire season and then back to Manila for Xmas. Will be back for a walk on Sunday with Foz, I have a new lease on life. Nothing is ever going to put me down. Been there not going back. Life to short enjoy it. Everyone of you guys need to spend time outside of Australia in a developing country to totally understand how lucky you have it , its not that bad. Bugger just got withdrawals for rice. Owell its beer a clock that should fix it

Latest posts