Stolen IPad and power bank

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It doesnt pay to leaving anything in plan site. Went for walk down to shop and shut the gate only to leave the iPad charging on the power bank. 5 mins later. Gate open and iPad and bank gone Cheaky shits. Lucky home was locked and nothing important on IPad only YouTube videos. Hope the person likes Gold detectoring. Bugger. Owell. Was due for upgrade anyway. It was about 7years old.

What a bugger . Did it have all your maps on it ? Do you need a password to access the ipad ?

Hope you have some luck catching the blighter.

FOZ

Ward69 said:
Wishfull said:
Nothing is safe these days.
Just found out we have ctv cam on the corner thats possible to pick up this place So off to the council in morning or Monday. Then off to buy a cam myself linked to the wifi. So I can record everything that goes on.

It was only an old fruit machine, so no big loss :playful: . I actually have 9 cameras (4 different systems), linked to wifi around my place, plus an intrusion alarm with a big blue flashing light and a very loud siren if anyone does get inside the house, but I still get people nosing around, so I am not sure that these folk are that bright.

It's not that I have a lot that people may want to pinch, but hopefully just covering my backside with insurance companies, if someone does pinch or damage something.

Rob P.

just starting said:
What a bugger . Did it have all your maps on it ? Do you need a password to access the ipad ?

Hope you have some luck catching the blighter.

FOZ

Nah. Nothing on it. Changed passwords on all gmail and other accounts. Turn that IP off cant get into anything.
Went down to the local council cops. Typical out of 100 odd ctvs. This one is broken. Smart guys. So off to buy a camera myself and linked to my phone.

goody2shoes said:
Can not trust anyone anymore...
Goody
Goody,
I trust hundreds of good folk that I know, but there's always some nasties in society at large. I think that's what you meant?
Nothing's changed IMHO since I was a kid.
As a junior, I was caught stealing a pack of air-rifle slugs (were legal then) from a large chain store on my way home from school, and was whollaped by Dad and my school principle. It turned my life around :perfect:
I bloody well deserved it :argh:

Yes that is what I mean...

I know a lot of nice kind people...

But there are some nasty one's around...

Goody

Ok brought a new ctv cam. For only $100. Wifi connected and cloud storage. No more charges. All linked to the phone. So I can use it in Australia and see watch goes on when Im not here. It only turns on when it detects movement. Placed a sign on the gate. Its states smile when you enter as your on camera. Hopefully that works

Trust is something Earned... Shame society has gone that way here... When I was a kid I could leave my pushbike where-ever for a week... Now it's gone in 2min...

LW....

PabloP said:
Ward69 said:
Wishfull said:
Nothing is safe these days.
Just found out we have ctv cam on the corner thats possible to pick up this place So off to the council in morning or Monday. Then off to buy a cam myself linked to the wifi. So I can record everything that goes on.

It was only an old fruit machine, so no big loss :playful: . I actually have 9 cameras (4 different systems), linked to wifi around my place, plus an intrusion alarm with a big blue flashing light and a very loud siren if anyone does get inside the house, but I still get people nosing around, so I am not sure that these folk are that bright.

It's not that I have a lot that people may want to pinch, but hopefully just covering my backside with insurance companies, if someone does pinch or damage something.

Rob P.

Crims like to target the houses with the Blue Flashing lights......

Ward69 said:
Ok brought a new ctv cam. For only $100. Wifi connected and cloud storage. No more charges. All linked to the phone. So I can use it in Australia and see watch goes on when Im not here. It only turns on when it detects movement. Placed a sign on the gate. Its states smile when you enter as your on camera. Hopefully that works

Unfortunately CCTV doesnt normally catch the crims. Mostly just gives us a visual on what took place. The pricks are usually hooded with their heads down, particularly when notified of cameras. Still, i installed a system also. You never know!

Aussiedigs said:
Ward69 said:

Unfortunately CCTV doesnt normally catch the crims. Mostly just gives us a visual on what took place. The pricks are usually hooded with their heads down, particularly when notified of cameras. Still, i installed a system also. You never know!
Thanks been thinking about the sign Hmm taking it down now

Ward69 said:
Aussiedigs said:
Ward69 said:

Thanks been thinking about the sign Hmm taking it down now

Yeeah i would. :Y:

Latest posts