Stolen gear Oallen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone
I haven't been on here for quite a while. I hope everyone is getting lots of gold!
Just wanted to let you all know be careful with your gear at Oallen.
Bob was there this morning & went to the river to turn the pump off. When he came back 3 shovels & a pick were missing. It's one of Ron's little picks a roundmouth 1 squaremouth & 1 small shovel. If anyone tries to sell you one of these please let us know.
Last year he had his petrol knocked off. Things have certainly changed ?
Happy fossicking everyone
Cheers
Franma

EDIT: Moved to Stolen Equipment . Jaros

franma6 said:
G'day everyone
I haven't been on here for quite a while. I hope everyone is getting lots of gold!
Just wanted to let you all know be careful with your gear at Oallen.
Bob was there this morning & went to the river to turn the pump off. When he came back 3 shovels & a pick were missing. It's one of Ron's little picks a roundmouth 1 squaremouth & 1 small shovel. If anyone tries to sell you one of these please let us know.
Last year he had his petrol knocked off. Things have certainly changed ?
Happy fossicking everyone
Cheers
Franma

EDIT: Moved to Stolen Equipment . Jaros

Hi Fran , nice to know Bob is still out digging hard , Oallen is not the best place in holiday season or school holidays unfortunately , I have had the same problem with theft and my tent being slashed open with a razor so they could look for things to steal.

Sadly that occasion was kids while their parents kept watch !

For anyone that didn't meet Bob before he is a good hard man on the shovel and has probably dug up half the state over the years .

:)

Better luck next time .

There were a few families down that way today I'm surprised someone even contemplated it as Bob wouldn't have been away from the sluice that long.
Jon

That's awful....times have changed alright from when you could leave your keys in the car and your house open.

Thanks for the heads up, new to it and was planning on heading Oallen soon, will be more vigilant with my gear. Sorry to hear this fellas gear got knocked off, ratbags!

I have been going up there for over a year and never had any trouble (knock on wood) might have been a one off
if they only took digging gear they were hard up just be on the look out but then again i am never far from my gear always in eye sight

Yep,
Gone are the days when you could leave your tools beside where you worked.
Then come back the next day and pick them up again.
A thief is right up there with me... :mad:

Thanks for the offer marksman. Bob bought some new gear.
We have been fossicking for 45 odd years & it's the 1st time we've ever lost anything.
Then ...blow me down we went to Tuena last week & his 2 long Toms have been pinched!!!
Only home made but he keeps them under the shearing shed at the cricket ground & both are gone.
What in heavens name is wrong with people? They are really worth nothing but it's just a pain when things get pinched.
He would lend them if someone asked but now he'll have to make another one.
Times have certainly changed.
Keep an eye on your good stuff friends!!!
Cheers franma

franma6 said:
Thanks for the offer marksman. Bob bought some new gear.
We have been fossicking for 45 odd years & it's the 1st time we've ever lost anything.
Then ...blow me down we went to Tuena last week & his 2 long Toms have been pinched!!!
Only home made but he keeps them under the shearing shed at the cricket ground & both are gone.
What in heavens name is wrong with people? They are really worth nothing but it's just a pain when things get pinched.
He would lend them if someone asked but now he'll have to make another one.
Times have certainly changed.
Keep an eye on your good stuff friends!!!
Cheers franma
Me not being the sharpest knife in the draw what is long toms

Latest posts