Stick this in ya pipe.....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Catchy title hey....lol
Im just putting it out there that i gave up the smokes about 5weeks ago..i wanted to do it?
I have done it before but cold turkey and even though i have great will power i had to avoid all my mates and the booze!!
I know the booze right! But ended up failing due to work related stress..
Well any hoot!! This time im doing it with Champix...i have heard about thier effects on people and other serious side effects... mental issues?
But all i can report is that they take away my craving..make my coffee taste shite and give me the most awesome dreams ..like i have woken up dissapointed most mornings and down right deppressed others...and thats only because i want to stay in dream land...especially the one i found virgin ground and a 800gm nugget!! I cried!!!
So im feeling heaps better not smoking i do miss it....
Oh oh oh cant forget champix is the best methane producer...i fart all day long and they are rip snorters....so strong they burn your own eyes...

yobskin said:
Catchy title hey....lol
Im just putting it out there that i gave up the smokes about 5weeks ago..i wanted to do it?
I have done it before but cold turkey and even though i have great will power i had to avoid all my mates and the booze!!
Well any hoot!! This time im doing it with Champix...i have heard about thier effects on people and other serious side effects... mental issues?
But all i can report is that they take away my craving..make my coffee taste shite and give me the most awesome dreams ..like i have woken up dissapointed most mornings and down right deppressed others...and thats only because i want to stay in dream land...especially the one i found virgin ground and a 800gm nugget!! I cried!!!
Oh oh oh cant forget champix is the best methane producer...i fart all day long and they are rip snorters....so strong they burn your own eyes...
Well done yobs, keep at it, i gave the durries up 15 years ago now, also with the help of drugs (can't remember which) and went from a 40-60 a day habit to not even thinking about them now, best thing i ever did to feel generally better day to day health wise.
Only advice i can give you regards the smelly side effects is just don't inhale as the politicians say. :lol:

Hay Yobs,
I have to agree on your Champix experience, I went through the same thing although I had no emotional problems.
One thing I have found is that after being off the durries and the Champix for some time I can have one every now and again with no cravings for another one.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Mick

yobskin said:
Catchy title hey....lol
Yobskin ...... For a second there I read that you found a virgin. My mistake ...... Gold is far more exciting :lol: :lol:
Congrats and keep at it.

Have a lot of respect for people who give up the smokes. It's known as one of the hardest things to do. People who have never smoked just don't understand , just stop its bad for you(so easy to say). I haven't got there yet but still keep trying. My old man gave up up after 45 years so there's still hope.

Well done yobs, i will just have to remember not to spark up when i see you :) Will power i have none but sounds like you have a bit so good onya

Well done Yobs, hang in there.
Smoked on and off through my life, the worst experience was trying to give up when work handed out free patches. After a couple of days took them back to the medical centre and asked them to give them to someone else. For 30 years doing shift work rarely smoked at work and then had a few after work with a beer.
Past 10 years have only ever had a smoke on occasions, Christmas etc.
Recent trip prospecting for 3 weeks had a couple of packets while away (wasn't finding any gold) had my last one the night before heading home mid June, none since.
Am a firm believer that unless you want to give up, all the aids (patches, drugs etc) will give you no benefit at all.
It's called will power.

Nightjar said:
Well done Yobs, hang in there.
Smoked on and off through my life, the worst experience was trying to give up when work handed out free patches. After a couple of days took them back to the medical centre and asked them to give them to someone else. For 30 years doing shift work rarely smoked at work and then had a few after work with a beer.
Past 10 years have only ever had a smoke on occasions, Christmas etc.
Recent trip prospecting for 3 weeks had a couple of packets while away (wasn't finding any gold) had my last one the night before heading home mid June, none since.
Am a firm believer that unless you want to give up, all the aids (patches, drugs etc) will give you no benefit at all.
It's called will power.
Couldn't agree more nightjar, grog, gambling, smoking and drugs. They're all addictions but if you're not ready to stop no drugs in the world will stop you being dependent imo.
More power to everyone trying to stop with any drugs, it's bloody hard. Use any aids that can help i reckon, but like all addictions, you have to want to stop.

Well done mate, I hope the Champix works out for you.

I worked with a guy that had a 40 a day habit, he tried to give up cold turkey and failed miserably. He tried a few supplements and none worked for him then someone suggested he try hypnosis. He went to his doctor and was referred to a psychiatrist that specialized in hypnotherapy. He was very skeptical but went anyway. After about half an hour the shrink said for him to come back in a week and he would see him again. My mate said "aren't you going to hypnotize me?" The shrink said he had hypnotized him and he wouldn't get any craving for a smoke but to come back next week for a second session. My mate left thinking what a waste of a hundred bucks but for the next week he never once felt like a smoke. He had a second session and has never had a smoke or a craving since, that was over ten years ago and he looks younger now than he did then.

Mate just left the hospital in Bendigo where mum has just been given 3+ months to live. LUNG CANCER from fags
Good move mate be strong and never ever put one in your mouth again
Fingers crossed

GT :)

Thanks all... i have been around smokers lately and havent felt like sparkin up... the smell of it doesnt bother me.. but the smell of a smoker does if that makes sense?
First time in 20years i dont have tobacco stained fingers or lips.. i smoked rollies no filters....
My kids are a big help quiting...

Bjay said:
Have a lot of respect for people who give up the smokes. It's known as one of the hardest things to do. People who have never smoked just don't understand , just stop its bad for you(so easy to say). I haven't got there yet but still keep trying. My old man gave up up after 45 years so there's still hope.

Tragically, that all too common viewpoint is in fact a self-reinforcing myth that perpetuates the habit, as proven by the worldwide success of the Allen Carr Clinics and his book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. See, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Carr for further info on the man and his methods.

Good luck, with your efforts to break free.

Go yobskin. I too are a recent quitter. Its not easy. one day at a time. After 2 months off em. I bought another hector the detector. Reward yourself for acheivements. DON'T Smoke. Cheers

Yep better of without the things mate. I smoked from aged 11=1968 until 3 years ago until I got bladder cancer and had my bladder my prostate 20 lymph nodes and appendix removed in a 720 minute operation on 8/8/12 . Smokes are crap mate you don't need them. I don't say anything to smokers as I feel it's what they want to do but havn a pee and seeing pure blood isn't Marlboro man stuff. Mind you I was around when Maralinga was a A Bomb test site all 18 of them.

Well done mate stay strong.

I gave up ....cant remember now maybe 10 years ago.
I replaced the smokes with an an E-cig and started using the vapour fluid without nicotine.
So i was able to cut out the Nicotine but keep my hands busy and eventually i just stopped.
Now it feels like i never smoked....and man do other smokers stink now lol
My sense of smell now is crazy.
And the hills are a lot easier on the lungs.

I was going to give E cigarettes a go, but Doc said no, they have side effects, but I have never heard of any. Anyone else experienced that ?

Mike70 said:
I was going to give E cigarettes a go, but Doc said no, they have side effects, but I have never heard of any. Anyone else experienced that ?

The Pharmaceutical company's who sometimes give doctors donations for prescribing just their product and Tobacco companys would like you to think that.

Latest posts