Starting My Own Mining Lease QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok DD, what is the process involved to avoid the "small scale mining rules" as above so I can actually use machinery?
As I have a large array of processing machinery available from my supplier, and will pick a suitable setup once I have found a block of land I find suitable depending on water expected yield etc.

Otherwise do you think I should just save a few thousand and get a good gold detector and grid that block, and then when done, hire a dozer or grader and "cultivate" the soil so the tope layers are churmned up revealing fresh soil below and grid it all over again.

Clermont was only the first place I chose, but looking at the EPM maps, the whole area is already tied up in leases and EPMs so I may have to find another gold producing area up that way that isn't already reserved.

As I said earlier your going to struggle to find vacant ground on any of the well known goldfields. You need to get out in the field and explore as its very hard to find gold with a computer.
To use machinery you need a mining lease, to get a mining lease you need to already hold a prospecting permit over the area. Which brings us back to needing to find vacant ground. This generally takes years of research and traveling around testing ground.
Here is a link on how to about getting a prospecting permit.
http://www.business.qld.gov.au/indu...pplying-for-a-prospecting-permit-for-minerals

Once you have one of these then you can apply for a mining lease and approval for using machiney with this form.
http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/assets/land-tenure-forms/mra15_app_ml.pdf

All the money and machinery in the world is not going to help you unless you know how to find it in the first place. And this only comes from experience spending time in the field.

DD

BrisJoe, it might be an idea to go and see Andrew at Clermont detectors as you're only an hour away. He might know if there's a lease for sale around the area. Just flipping through the August Gold Gem & Treasure magazine, there's a 125ac gold mining lease at Clermont, with camp, hardly mined. Might have sold but I've noticed leases there for sale from time to time. Make sure they aren't worked out. You couldn't do anything on 1ha unless you're digging for gems maybe. For interest, take a trip out to Mt Britten. There's a working mine there. And continue on to what they call The Diggings, great camp spot too. Also Mt Coolon - there's a gold mine there and a great pub. And hey Moranbah is Ok, lucky you weren't renting when $1500pw was usual. At least there are affordable houses now and a choice of rentals. It's a great town, heaps to do and it's what you make it. Better than fifo anyway.

Yeah I'm happpy to move the family to Moranbah, at least they will follow in ayears time when the missus can cash in her long service leave.

This process is many years off, thus why I am trying research now. As my 1st priority to buy myself a house first. Then pay as much as I can off it as quickly as possible, even sacrifice my entire wage into it and live off the missus wage. Then after a few years when I have a large enough redraw capability, I will look at buying a property/lease, as I'm keeping an eye on the "gold mine sales" website attached to the QPC forums which lists available leases and claims for sale to get an idea what land and such is worth.

you may be able to set up a tourist venture which would allow you to use some machinery i am not sure about the regulations up there but there where two tourist operations in victoria worth a try best of luck jb

Latest posts