Sometimes things are so clear we can't see the obvious. GOLD Secret !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakman

Marcus
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading through the forums and thanks to some great members like Balx, Golddigg and Teemore I have put two and two to together and I've come up with some obvious logic.

Im the type of persons who have always believed that if we can share success to other we all win and the greatest fortune to be made in life is in helping other be successful. Thats why Im so successful :)

I know I'm a newbie to Gold Hunting, but Im a smart one.

If we look at the John Tully book ( get them from the Minning shops in Dunolly or Bendigo for the Castlemaine, Wattle Flats) ( or ANY OF THE OTHER REGIONS ) area and consider that these areas highlighted in his book are the most popular area for gold detecting and then look at the below links for government mapping; select layers for Crown land areas and Old known gold mining areas, you can clearly pick up NEW areas for detecting which are not on the main high profile spots. Its take a little time to work through the maps but is pretty easy.

http://er-info.dpi.vic.gov.au/sd_weave/anonymous.html

http://mapshare2.dse.vic.gov.au/MapShare2EXT/imf.jsp?site=geovic

All for one and One for all. Let the hunt begin. :eek:

Zakman said:
Hey guys I've been reading through the forums and thanks to some great members like Balx, Golddigg and Teemore I have put two and two to together and I've come up with some obvious logic.

Im the type of persons who have always believed that if we can share success to other we all win and the greatest fortune to be made in life is in helping other be successful. Thats why Im so successful :)

I know I'm a newbie to Gold Hunting, but Im a smart one.

If we look at the John Tully book ( get them from the Minning shops in Dunolly or Bendigo for the Castlemaine, Wattle Flats) ( or ANY OF THE OTHER REGIONS ) area and consider that these areas highlighted in his book are the most popular area for gold detecting and then look at the below links for government mapping; select layers for Crown land areas and Old known gold mining areas, you can clearly pick up NEW areas for detecting which are not on the main high profile spots. Its take a little time to work through the maps but is pretty easy.

http://er-info.dpi.vic.gov.au/sd_weave/anonymous.html

http://mapshare2.dse.vic.gov.au/MapShare2EXT/imf.jsp?site=geovic

All for one and One for all. Let the hunt begin. :eek:

Welcome Zakman, if only it was that simple.... :D

Yes GEOVIC is a fantastic resource, I'd get familiar with the various Crown Lands layers, especially "Tenure" because you do need to seek the occupiers permission to enter onto that land. A lot of watercourses and the old government roads leading to the old diggings fall into that category and are now incorporated into the surrounding vineyard, grazing or cropping land. Right of way on government roads covered by tenure is effectively extinguished. In most cases there are no traces of the road even though your GPS or google maps shows it's existence - there will be a fence there though :mad: and in the case of some land i've long had my eye on - an angry bull on the other side. :/

good luck ...

Yes The Bull is a good point you need to swing fast when a Bull is around :)

ZAK

It seems all you have to do these days is chew some fallen eucalyptus leaves and if you crunch on a nugget you are in gold territory! Lol

I feel like I have the taste for gold, but not sure what gold tastes like!
Peter

You know Peter the real value and Golden Nuggets to all of us is in the hunt and of cause a satisfying Life and Peace of mind, thats why we all love this hobby, profession, what every it is to each of us so much.

What wonderful places it leads us to and cut out all of those crazy Day to Day; "So called urgent issues".

P.s Don't eat to many eucalyptus leaves that why the koalas fall out of the trees. hahahha

Good Hunting. ZAKMAN

Latest posts