Newbie from NW Melbourne

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldgreg

Ben
Reaction score
Hi All,

Iv been following the page for a while now and taking in all the hints and tips from some of the more seasoned prospectors and iv decided to finally join in. Firstly thanks all for all the helpful stuff you guys post on here, its what helped me get into the hobby.

I started off slow with the just the panning kit from Anaconda, then worked up to the Gold Rat 6" sluice, then to an equinox 800 and now iv finally made the leap and got the SDC 2300.

Iv done a few trips out around ballarat and have some good success with alluvial gold so far, and even found one small half gram specimen in the creeks around there. Im yet to find anything with my detector yet (driving me crazy). In saying that i have only had the SDC for about 3 weeks and have only briefly used it up in NSW (which is where my family is from). The 800 is a great machine but it does struggle with some of the very heavy mineralized ground and it has a limited depth.

I have managed to get my Dad into the hobby and he absolutely loves it! He has all the same equipment as me as well as a small Gold Rat highbanker. He is coming down to VIC next weekend to get his first taste of hunting gold in the golden triangle. I have a few spots i can show him that im confident i can find some alluvial gold which will keep him happy, but i would love to be able to put him on a spot where he can detect some small pieces.

Obviously i dont expect to get any treasure maps pointing to where the motherload is, but if anyone has some good areas where we could go for a few hours and run the SDC2300's over to maybe find a small piece or two it would be much appreciated???

I understand you would be silly to post locations in a public forum so if anyone has a general area just let me know and i will send my private contact details.

Once again thanks for all the great stuff you guys post in here!

Cheers,

Oldgreg

Latest posts