some brooches

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crunched the numbers on the half sov gold content and came up with(as of todays date 16-12-2015)
coin weight 3.994 grams
91.67% gold = 3.66 grams pure gold = $125.16 US = $173.44 AUS
:D

On my account it is has a slightly more convoluted equation but still ends up with the same smiley face.

It is round, so definitively a coin = :)
it weighs 3.994 grams but it is thin and small = :rolleyes:
wait 8)
it looks like 91.67% gold = :eek:
And at 3.66 grams pure gold = half sovereign :cool: = $ Pricelss :D

And the thought of more :p :p :p :p

That thought had me revisit the spot I pulled my snake buckle out of yesterday. Almost shite myself when a small, thin gold disc fell off the side of a clod of dirt. The hole in it had me thinking it had special birth year value. Then I gave it a rub with the fingers.
1450214215_image.jpg

Can't win them all 8.(

I wonder what you could of bought back in the day with that half sovereign, I was reading that they use to give them to service men in case they got trapped behind enemy lines and that it could be used to buy your way out as gold is a universal currency.

Havinago said:
I wonder what you could of bought back in the day with that half sovereign, I was reading that they use to give them to service men in case they got trapped behind enemy lines and that it could be used to buy your way out as gold is a universal currency.

The half Sovereign was equivalent to half a pound sterling, ten shillings, or 120 old pence and the average weekly wage in Australia in 1899 was around 1.30

According to google ?

wow cheese you really did it this time with the sovereign. thered have to be plenty more out

The id was, 12.21.

I can see thru detecting there where I found the
coin, that the coin had not been dragged far from where
it was lost, I sure have been a looking but no others
there.

nevertheless your the 2nd person ive known to find a sovereign with a detector
congrats my friend

Latest posts