So who is using the coiltek goldhawks and how is it going?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not much feed back regarding the coiltek goldhawk coils yet.
How are they going for you?

Hi Dave,
I got the Coiltek 9" round Goldhawk but have only been able to get out the once.
Managed to get a few small bits. The ground here is soaked at the moment to the point areas I've never even seen more than a puddle on are looking like swamps.
Due to the wet ground I was expecting the smaller 9" to get a bit swamped with ground signal, especially in auto+, but it ran at least as well as the 11" (or even a bit better) on the ground there. Was using the 11" there about a month earlier when it was not as wet but still damp. Found some gold with it there too.
It's a bit tricky trying to make any 100% comparisons at the moment with this wet. I really need to wait until the ground dries out a bit & is a bit more consistent.
It was good to have a bit smaller coil in & around the grass though.

Thanks Mbasko, I'm just hoping that it becomes quieter. I'm probably going to look at the larger elip coils, either the coiltek or NF, but if they don't "tame" the 6k and if I can't swing quicker, then I will probably sell my 6. I'm really hoping that it runs the machine more stable.

I picked up the 10x5 a few days ago. @davent
It Does seem a bit quieter than the 11 inch the 6000 comes with but that may be cause it's smaller?

Great for getting into tight spots. Got a couple of bits right up next to the trees today, surrounded by bushes.

It has picked up 0.nothing bits at about 2 inches today. Not saying it's more sensitive than the 11 inch but I do like it.

Attachments

• 20220903_102949.jpg
    20220903_102949.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 0
It's a bit tricky trying to make any 100% comparisons at the moment with this wet. I really need to wait until the ground dries out a bit & is a bit more consistent.
So they're both crap in the wet, or one's no better than the other in wet ground .... when the dug out dirt gives the same signal as the hole I've been walking away ..... just never sure whether there just MAY have need gold there.

So they're both crap in the wet, or one's no better than the other in wet ground .... when the dug out dirt gives the same signal as the hole I've been walking away ..... just never sure whether there just MAY have need gold there.
No - sensitive mono coils & wet ground has never been ideal.
I can use them both ok in wet ground & still pick up gold. Dryer ground would just be better to make any further comparison. From what I'm finding the only advantage so far is the smaller size. The 11" appears just as sensitive. The Coiltek 9" runs about the same (noise wise) or maybe a bit quieter than the 11" IMO. Wet ground can be more problematic for a smaller coil though so in normal conditions it may well run noticeably better.
Raining here again today so the ground isn't drying out anytime soon.

The main advantage so far with the 10 x 5 for me is that when going on angles it is a lot quieter than the stock 11 inch.

Punches very well. Got an 0.13 bit at about 4 inches this morning on an angle.
Was screaming.
Thought it was another lead shot. Lol
Sensitivity 3 in difficult.

Lots of clouds moving in and it was rather chatters.

Latest posts