Sm pro pi kit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone am new to forum is there anybody that has built one of these kits i just bought one off ebay fully assembled board cheers

I've built one and its excellent on the beaches. You will find my posts here.

Hi john with putting the minelab coils on the sm does the coil have to be tuned to the detector or can i just hook it up thanks

radar said:
Hi john with putting the minelab coils on the sm does the coil have to be tuned to the detector or can i just hook it up thanks
Not using minelab coils. I built the coil myself using a coil housing I got from ebay. They were ordered from Bulgaria.
You have to build the coil to the specifications in the kit.

Here is a link for a PDF that shows how to make a fast mono PI coil. Its pretty much a starting point for most guys wanting to build a fast coil (needed especially for gold targets). Also has a bit of theory in there as well to help you understand what is going on.

I have made a few different sizes usint this method and they work quite well. If you look on ebay, you can buy coil shells. There is also a guy in the US who makes clam style shells. I will have a look for his web address when I get home.

You can also google 'basket weave coils' for another method. These are an extremely fast coil and again work very well.

http://www.geotech1.com/pages/metdet/projects/fastcoils/FastCoil.pdf

Latest posts