Silver to Gold....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
**DISCLAIMER** Mods, please feel free to remove if inappropriate.

Hi all... For those who don't know, i operate a mobile & on-site Electroplating business (and accept posted items), and offer a range of Decorative & Industrial repairs and enhancements on metal objects.

One such is a recent item from a prospector...

Life has been tough on this SS ring...
1491774343_3250422.jpg

You can see the previous 'repair' work as handed to me, and an incident while buffing meant a visit to the Jewellers for repair (client approval).

A pic of the polished/repaired ring below prior to plating,... i had already laid down one layer of 24K Gold, and was polishing it prior to more plating, when the 'incident' occurred. Hence the partial gold still on the pattern, while the Jeweller polished off the band for the repair... note the lack of 'join lines' now on the band.
1491777044_3303126.jpg

Kudos to them for making the finished product look as good as it does,... and finally finished in 24K Gold....
1491774550_3303130.jpg

1491778048_3303131.jpg

I am also able to restore worn plating on your relics, or gilding if so required, or interested....
More info. and possible items for treatment are on the link in my signature...

So not really an alchemy of the base metal into something else altogether (Silver to Gold) per the header, but it does look good in the new presentation.... :Y:

Which do you prefer?... (I reckon i know Silver's response :p ;) )

Thanks for reading... :D

Gypsy

Well, I like knowing it's silver underneath, but personally I like the two tone look Gypsy ,... silver and gold look a million dollars together I recon !
Top job on it mate ! :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Thanks Silver, and i also like the two tone. Though i tend to lean to it being the Gold/Platinum, or Gold/Titanium base to Silver.

Funny enough, the chain & rope design above lends itself to that very look, and is something i can do, but as this is a sentimental piece of the owner, i gave him what he asked for...

]:D ...I knew it wouldn't be long before you read it, as it had your namesake in the title lol. :Y:

Thanks for the kind words.

Gypsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts