[For Sale][VIC] Alfa Mirage GK-300 Precious metal testers $1400

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forum smile Thought I'd come by with an item I think you guys might be keen to buy.

I have Several pre-owned "Alfa Mirage GK-300 Precious metal testers" in excellent condition . These are Japanese designed and made scales that are generally used in the jewellery industry. They are based on similar scales that are made to weight relative density of materials (densimeter) in other industries such as science and engineering. In laymen's terms it will measure and tell you how many Karat Gold and purity your item is.

These scales through hydrostatic weighing, measure the Relative density of a substance. These scales are commonly used in the jewellry industry to test precious metals such as Gold, Platinum, Silver and other alloyed precious metals for their purity.

In essence, regardless if have a piece of jewellery is marked 24K or a piece of gold you think is 99% this machine will tell you the exact amount of gold in that item. For jewellers this device is especially warranted because a scratch/acid test will fail if a piece of jewellry is coated/plated/rolled with a pure or high karat gold and have other alloys underneath. In this circumstance a scratch test will show an a piece of jewelry more valuable than it is. The Alfa Mirage will not be susceptible to this fault because it measures the pieces relative density to water; taking a dry, then an underwater weight, which works out it's true relative density, thus it's exact gold content in karat or percentage

Watch this short 1.40m youtube video, introducing how to use the alfa mirage gk-300:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFJvikNq9UQ

These scales retail for $1900+ AUD from http://www.starstruckllc.com/page/SSL/PROD/SST-4510

I have several that I am selling at a bargain price of $1400. I Live in Glen Waverley, Victoria. I'm selling these machines based on Pick-up. I'm a little uneasy thinking about posting such a sensitive device via Aus Post, but it can be arranged if adamant.I will package it carefully and recommend getting extra insurance cover in case of damage due to postage. Upon Pick up and i give a demonstration to show that it works and how to use the item.

Comes with: GK-300 scale, User manual, 200g calibration weight, the water container apparatus, tweezers, thermometer, and power adapter
If you have any other questions about it please feel free to ask.
1426759442__12.jpg

1426759414__57_1.jpg

1426759468__57.jpg

1426759486__57_2.jpg

Mike just seeing if you have any of these machines available?

Cheers
Julio

Julio said:

Cheers
Julio
Gday Julio, Mike was only here for a flash mate. :|
1486337545_screenshot_2017-02-06-09-30-24.jpg

so you may not get any response from him at all. ;)

Julio said:

Cheers
Julio

Hi Julio,
Sorry I've actually sold out recently.
I did have 14 originally, but i sold them all on eBay.

Kind regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts