Fake Gold & Silver Bullion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With a world in stress due to everything going on with monetary policies, disease and everything else, I can see people starting to sell Gold and Silver bullion etc to raise some cash.

They may find some willing buyers, but how does one test to ensure what your purchasing is the genuine article? I started scouting around on methodologies as I've seen rub tests done, but this is destructive, so not the best, then there is the good old density tests but difficult to do quickly, finally the X-ray fluorescence scan, but the equipment to do this is expensive.

As part of researching I came across a deeply disturbing article relating to mass production faking of gold bars, coins etc:

For centuries, buying gold has been recognized as one of the best ways to preserve ones wealth and purchasing power. But the price of gold is a big problem for some people. Here we have to be recommended is tungsten alloy gold plated producttungsten alloy golden bullion. The reason is not only for it price but also it is more valuable than any other gold-plated bullion.

Tungsten alloy golden bullion is real, honest money and many say the best form of money the world has ever known. It is a store of value and a safe haven in times of crisis. Gold is rare, durable and does not wear out in the manner of lesser metals (or paper!) when passed from hand to hand. A small amount, easily carried, can purchase a significant amount of goods and services. Gold-plated bullion is universally accepted, and can be easily bought and sold around the world.

Tungsten alloy is an environmental-friendly, durable and hardness material, the most important is that its density of 19.25g/cm3, which is just about the same density as gold (19.3g/cm3). Therefore, it is usually made use of gold substitution.

A top-of-the-line tungsten alloy fake gold rod should match the color, surface hardness, density, chemical, and nuclear properties of gold perfectly.

Start with a tungsten alloy about 1/8-inch smaller in each dimension than the tungsten alloy golden bar you want, then cast a 1/16-inch layer of real pure gold all around it. This product would feel right in the hand, and tungsten alloy golden bar would have a dead ring when knocked as gold should. Gold-plated tungsten would test right chemically, weigh exactly the right amount, and also pass an x-ray fluorescence scan, the 1/16 layer of pure gold being enough to stop the x-rays from reaching any tungsten.

Detecting a high-quality tungsten fake gold bar would be extremely difficult. It would likely require significant and material alterations to the bar being tested and this would negatively affect the marketability if its hallmark veracity were vindicated.

This is off the website Chinatungsten.com How low will the Chinese go?

On a positive side, I did discover an almost foolproof non destructive testing system using ultrasound, not cheap but if you're thinking of buying second hand bullion would be invaluable. https://testyourgold.com/

Ask the leader of the CCP how low they will go.....

He will demand an apology, and tell you the ad, the factory and the product are Italian, American or anybody else owned and sanctioned !!

Send out 1600 news journalists to prove it too.

:argh:
:lol:

Latest posts