Show us your man cave/shed/work bench.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres mine so far...
Just finished the first of my workbenches today made from scrap pallets.
1521875122_img_20180324_16180.jpg

1521875144_img_20180324_1140.jpg

That bench looks really good. I made the supports for mine out of the form work that was used for the shed base. :)

Great job TGW, doing your bit for recycling.
One section of my wooden bench top where I do the welding I laid a piece of 3mm plate, the rest of it is covered with granite offcuts from a kitchen reno business. (Cheap, $00.00 from the scrap bin) Easy to wipe down if working on anything oily.

Cheers guys,

theres another one sort of on the right in the first pic. Thays about 2.4m long and will be going along the back wall eventually.

Yep all recycled pallets from work even the legs, theyre the thick bits usually 90x50mm or there abouts that are the centre and side beams of a pallet. Only needed to make front legs as ive bolted a couple of battens to the wall.

Good tip on the granite Nightjar, might have to go see if I can scrounge some up. The missus has plans for an outdoor bbq/kitchen type thing, stone tops would be just the thing :D

Use a chain on the stem easy you know the old saying about necessity is the mother of invention lol also keeps you warm in the winter lol :Y: :Y: :Y:

Pirate pete said:
Use a chain on the stem easy you know the old saying about necessity is the mother of invention lol also keeps you warm in the winter lol :Y: :Y: :Y:

Necessity is the mother of all inventions :Y: top effort PP.

It's been awhile since the last post but i've almost finished my MC.
The misses got sick of my drunken mates in the house watching the footy,cricket,boxing so i went out and got a cheapo flat screen for the shed.
Probably spend too much time in there :beer: :beer: :beer: Love my sports.
1554701386_img_1133.jpg

1554701427_img_1169.jpg

Yeah i'm still working on the fridge but i have 2 smaller ones behind the bar and behind that door there's another fridge but its empty :mad:
The boss got me on a budget because im drinking too much.

Over the last couple of weeks I have swapped my two sheds around, the larger 20 X 12 is now my new workshop as I start to get back into some woodworking, the smaller 15 X 10 is now. He camp storage and junk shed.
I just got my Ol dads lathe back from my brother so I can do some turning if I wish. The panel hanging from the shed roof drops down on to the desk( on castors) and is a sacrificial table for my track saw system allowing me to cut down 8 X 4 ft panels.
Woodwork vice should arrive in the next few days for fitting to the bench which I have re topped. I've made a multitude of jigs, fences and a small router table which takes my little Skil router which is over 35 years old.
Next on the buy list is a small table saw which will allow a lot more flexibility in what I can do.
A work in progress.
1554706014_image.jpg

1554706035_image.jpg

1554706056_image.jpg

1554706078_image.jpg