Show us your best bit of gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Show us your best bit of gold, whether a nugget or your best pan of colour.
Maybe add a bit of info about your find.

Here's my best find.
Just in a small local stream with my Angus MacKirk Explorer sluice last year
It was a beautiful sight to find that big piece laying in the feed tray once the gravels washed away.
1Gram is all it is. Very flat piece...

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Yes mate and as they say once bit twice shy . So now I don't tell anyone if I find gold . IM more than happy to give info and help anyone that's just starting out

Hey Ian,
That first photo looks like something the golden goose has done, and it's not the egg. :D
Nice buttons mate gotta get them melted all together.
i will have to go thru my pic's to see what I have got.
I am more than happy for show and tell and share my finds to allthat need a bit of help in our wonderful hobby.
And certainly more stories to come yet.
Cheers
Brad........

G'day Brad, the first pic is the result of a pour without enough heat, had a hard time getting it out of the crucible. The second photo is the same gold but hammered into a little bar.
Always love your story's and pics and look forward to seeing more.

Love the colour Goldrocs. Here is my best chunk, 12g specimen from Tibooburra 2012.

Keep all the trip talk and finds coming. It is making me desperate to have a swing!

1361879420_p1060140_-_copy.jpg

1361879616_p1060143.jpg

This is my best bit to date. Nothing huge at 0.34g but I'm more proud of where it came from. This little fella came out of Beechworth \ Eldorado way and from what most folks that have been working that place for years say you can go a lifetime without pulling a piece that size from there.

IMG_2331crop.jpg

Lingus77 said:
Keep all the trip talk and finds coming. It is making me desperate to have a swing!

Got to agree Lingus.

Even now, over a hundred years since the big gold rushes - people are still picking up nice colour.

I'll do my best JUST for this thread to go out & find some more bits to show off :D :D :D

Great little bit there Lbg....they certainly all put a smile on the dial when they see the sunlight...good luck on the next dig...Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks wal
Just re read the post :lol:
Better put up a better one
hillend002.jpg

This was from early last year
:)

Hi Lbg... :) better not re read the post again or I'll be expecting a chunk the size of your hand from the way the last one doubled... ;) " nicer bit "...Cheers Wal. :)

:lol:
I can't go to big
As I'm only a newbie don't forget
:lol:
But that 6 grammer is different than the norm
From the area
And was told its a partially formed
Octahedral crystalline piece
And I almost didn't dig it as it double beeped
Lesson learnt as that wasn't the nail I was expecting
In my hand :lol:

Nice nuggets Goldquest and Lbg ! Makes me all the more determined to find a decent one to post on here. My first one was a .7 and havent had any bigger since then.Been picking up the little bits everyone else has missed. But soon be ready to look for virgin ground. Hopefully i will pick up a good bit tomorrow night . Still too hot here to go during the days around the 40c here still. But the evenings are a balmy 30 - 35 ish :cool:

Latest posts