Show us ya nuggs.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm getting withdrawals guys, it's been far to long since I've been for a swing and a scratch, and the only thing getting me through these hard times has been getting a fix from watching you other lucky lucky bastages ripping them cheeky bloody nuggets out of the ground. But the cupboard has been bare of late. Gone are the fresh morsels that sustained me, and all that is left are the stale remains of yesterday's feast. So please. I implore you good folk to get out there and film the liberation of our shiny yellow friends, so that I might once again feed my addiction on the methadone that is seeing the victory of strategically raiding the ground for them elusive cheeky ninja nuggets. 8.( :rolleyes: :cool:

I guess no one is willing to display there ninja nuggets chewy...maybe they don't exist anymore. If I had a nugget...I would show it mate

1438406217_img_20150801_151555.jpg

Here mentally smelt my alluvial into nuggets..

I posted my pics in members finds with a LONGish story.

Nice gold there fellas. You smashin it TSB.. Is that from down your way?

Cool as TSB,

Was hopin you stumbled upon a nice local patch for yourself. Its tricky gettin onto gold ground this side of the city. But I'm building up my mental database of sites. One of my mates friends has been getting nuggets not too far from my place. Not big and not from a known goldfield but its the right colour. Just gotta get ya head around the geology.

Some good lookin nuggets all the same. I love that pop corn lookin stuff.

Lee

'ere ya go, Chewy ..... gorge yourself on these .....

1438421094_720_gms_malgold.jpg

This'n is 721 gms Specimen found S of Charters Towers

1438421200_436g__a52.50a22890.jpg

This'n is 435 gms found N of Mt. Isa

1438421401_dcp_0339.jpg

This where it came from, now occupied by my trusty Beagle Arreau !! A cool hole ??

1438422508_lake_julius_-_the_stuff_of_dreams__.jpg

This is part of the end result from the above nuggy !1
Long story but in the end, the big bugger crumbles to these .....
whose moaning ?

1438422047_kargoon_gold.jpg

This lot was my brothers 'second' outing (15 ozs. at top).... go figure that, mate !!
From one week in the N of Pentland - my total is the wee one above the coin (point 26 gms !!) .... all the rest are his !!

Great stories with them all .... each of these giants were found by each of us three brothers .....
all with Minelab SD2000's ...... how 'bout that, ay

So, there you are Chewy ....................

Had to put these up, for medical reasons :

Sold my beloved '92 Troopy yesterday, which took me to all those places and many, many more ....
am now 'truckless' and suffering 'post-troopy' depression .... should be a recognised medical diagnosis !!

Maybe these pics will help me as well as youse blokes ??

1438423202_cuddles.jpg

Far out Pedro I'm speechless, also I drooled on my tablet and had to put it in rice. Good luck with the PTDS, (post troopy depression syndrome), it's a scourge. Great pics, and lovely looking gold mate. You and your brothers did an awesome job liberating them nuggets and species. I lurrrrrrve that 1st one. :eek:

That's some nice pieces there Pedro the Gold and that first specie is something else.. Arreau looks content. Beautiful stuff. Sorry to hear about ya Troopy, I'd be lost without my Fourby.

Lee

Stunning nuggets Pedro, really like the big speci with the aligned quartz crystals in it.

Chewy here is some of the gold I gained from my first detecting trip to nth queensland over the last couple weeks. 5oz in 13 days from a Georgetown property. Its my first encounter with wafer thin leaf gold. Some of the leaf gold is folded over two or three times or mangled or occasionally rolled up like a roll your own cigi. Cheers RDD

Awesome looking gold Red dirt digger, very different looking stuff. I love the variety of gold that can be found, and trying to imagine it's story. Pounded by water for millions of years perhaps. Cheers Andy. :)

RedDirtDigger said:
Stunning nuggets Pedro, really like the big speci with the aligned quartz crystals in it.

Chewy here is some of the gold I gained from my first detecting trip to nth queensland over the last couple weeks. 5oz in 13 days from a Georgetown property. Its my first encounter with wafer thin leaf gold. Some of the leaf gold is folded over two or three times or mangled or occasionally rolled up like a roll your own cigi. Cheers RDD
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t200/Duckmaloi/IMG_0997%20-%20Copy_zps3x5e19fm.jpg

wow RDD that is really good luck in 13 days. i mean that is fantastic. do you think the rolled leaf gold was done by man, or natural occurance?

Latest posts