Shoalhaven river

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Seeing as tho oallen ford is now a construction site and a no go. Correct me if I'm wrong. But it got me thinking of other places to go on the shoalhaven. I did a quick google search and a place that took my fancy was warri bridge but from photos it looks like its all sand. It's considered a camping spot with toilets and such. Wondering if its as good as oallen? And with all the sand should be real easy digging. Anyone had much luck? And is it the sand that holds the gold or is there cobbles around?

You can still get to the river as there is access there on the Nerriga side of the bridge about 100m before the bridge turn right. I was there 5 weeks ago and was able to drive only up to the cable fencing. You will have to carry all your gear down from the top, it might have changed since than.

I have found alittle just down from the bridge not enough to make we want to go back. I have yet to try Bombay crossing and Stewarts crossings.
Hopefully within the next mth I will spend a day at each

Latest posts