Shaking table Mk 3 -

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used Wilfley tables . They have a special mechanism that makes the table go back faster than forward . That is how the separation comes a bout .Other tables have a knock , that is the table hits the frame to give it a bump to make the separation Details of the Wilfley mechanism can be found in the mineral processing bible by Pryor ? . Not sure if that is correct but I can find out .

Attachments

• IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
I have used Wilfley tables . They have a special mechanism that makes the table go back faster than forward . That is how the separation comes a bout .Other tables have a knock , that is the table hits the frame to give it a bump to make the separation Details of the Wilfley mechanism can be found in the mineral processing bible by Pryor ? . Not sure if that is correct but I can find out .
Iwill have to ask my last boss Steve Rayner for10 years , he will know .

His name is E,J. Pryor . The book is 844 pages . One for sale on Amazon less than $100 . A bargain !!!

Mineral processing .

Thank you for that info . This table has a knock mechanism . Trialed it today with well cleaned cons. , worked well , just waiting for weights .

hi , nice video , clearly works....i would have though the cons are not going far enough up the table. am i missing something?

I probably didn't make it clearer , what is going onto the table has been put through a gold wheel 3 times ( similar to a Knelson ) . Hence there are very little heavies left to spread out . Since posting m friend has put straight cons over and is very happy with the recovery . Practically zero gold in the tails after the one pass .

Ahh got it, it did look course...so your know is when top hits the rubber stop - clever. i like it.
ever been run at the end oof a crushing setup? howd it go?
what material is the top?
how much are you selling for?

It has been used to clean cons from a 12" knelson . Max capacity is about 50 to 60 kg of con per hr . Don't think it is large enough for continuous flow from a plant set up . The top is made from a sheet of bathroom laminate , approx $300 for 2.4 x 1.2 x 3mm . Grooves are router cut 6mm x . approx 1.5 mm deep . Have made 4 tops , 1200 x 600 from a sheet .

Nice work Zippo, were you working from plans of some sort or was it all from your head based on knowledge gathered during your gold prospecting days?

Most from bits and pieces from using a Gemini with a few twists . and this is the 3rd table . First is under https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/12-volt-powered-shaking-table.32181/
That was the trial table made from wood but is still in service and doing the job well .
2nd table was steel and also is still in use in NQ .
Mk3 has been sold after trials in the back yard . Buyer was happy with the results .
No specific plans as you will see with Mk4 , now in production . Stay tuned .

Here we go again . Also picture of a cold saw bought from Vevor . Works well , straight cuts . Bit loud . Hace placed magnets on discharge side and it helps to catch most of the little feet stabbing bits .

Attachments

• 20240303_171259.jpg
    20240303_171259.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240303_171314.jpg
    20240303_171314.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240303_171334.jpg
    20240303_171334.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Here we go again . Also picture of a cold saw bought from Vevor . Works well , straight cuts . Bit loud . Hace placed magnets on discharge side and it helps to catch most of the little feet stabbing bits .

Yes great cuts but be very careful cutting round pieces. I used my big Makita mitre saw for aluminium a lot but it never had a clamp for the material. I gave up after a few pieces left the saw, bounced off the shipping container and the roof before ending somewhere never to be seen again. The plastic safety shield has to be replaced now since it shattered on one of those occasions so I'd better deal with that sooner rather than later.

We used to have a Trennjaeger high speed steel saw of about 600mm without lubricant for cutting anything like 8" universal beams. I think they were banned in the end for safety reasons.