Selling coins

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does anybody know where i can sell coins decimal and pre decimal coins in very high or proof condition or coins dug out of the ground apart from eBay? or is any body on the forum interested in buying aswell?

cheers Luke

It's worth trying your luck on here, I'm guessing there are a few coin aficionados that may be interested. Throw a couple in the for sales section and see how you fare. :)

Firstly it would be impossible to have proof coins you found detecting unless you found them still in their cases - proof coins are generally untouched by human hand and were made with special dies and process. Uncirculated means exactly that - so coins found in the ground or on the beach are certainly circulated. Almost Uncirculated (AU) is what you could have - so prices would be according to condition and rarity.

Silver coins that are worn are basically scrap value and any gold and silver dealer will purchase them from you at spot price minus a percentage (they are in business too). Ebay - Gumtree - or even the For Sale section of the forum will find you interested buyers.

Paulmarr said:
Firstly it would be impossible to have proof coins you found detecting unless you found them still in their cases - proof coins are generally untouched by human hand and were made with special dies and process. Uncirculated means exactly that - so coins found in the ground or on the beach are certainly circulated. Almost Uncirculated (AU) is what you could have - so prices would be according to condition and rarity.

Silver coins that are worn are basically scrap value and any gold and silver dealer will purchase them from you at spot price minus a percentage (they are in business too). Ebay - Gumtree - or even the For Sale section of the forum will find you interested buyers.

He is probably referring to proof coins, coins dug out of the ground and other coins he owns that are in good nick vs what you mentioned, that would be the more logical presumption anyway. :)

Hi l am a coin collector, l have been since l was 10 give us a call [contact details removed as per forum rules, please add to your profile - Nugget] Adam

Hi all! Does anyone know of a professional business in or around Melbourne that purchases coins? My old boy has an extensive collection and is looking to move some on.(raise funds for an operation his Doberman needs).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Could send pm photos to members that are showing an interest,... what sort of coins are we talking of P11 ?,... that should help if we know what you are looking to sell,... maybe some of the members on here would like a crack at buying some before they go off elsewhere.Don't say where you are though or pass on an address or anything though. Best to still maintain a high degree of care. :)

silver said:
Could send pm photos to members that are showing an interest,... what sort of coins are we talking of P11 ?,... that should help if we know what you are looking to sell,... maybe some of the members on here would like a crack at buying some before they go off elsewhere.Don't say where you are though or pass on an address or anything though. Best to still maintain a high degree of care. :)

will do silver!

I'll be heading to his place tomorrow and will get some pics of some of the stuff he wants to move...

Like I said it's not my collection...

And said Doberman is still quite the guard dog haha

Latest posts