Self build rock crusher in action

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJB

matt
Reaction score
Here is a vid I managed to do today of my new rock crusher and the dry blower in action.

I am pretty happy with the crusher result and the dry blower too but I gotta figure out which rocks have got more colour in it :p

Enjoy!

Thanks guys....

I'm slowly getting it together. Only been prospecting for 18 months now so still got a lot to learn. Even though there is only a small amount of colour in the pan I still get excited...even if its only a microscopic speck.

Just need to figure out which rocks have the goods hidden inside em'

Cheers

Thanks,

Finding the ore is the tricky part. I need to get back over to Ararat and sample some more rocks.

Its great to see the gear I have made is effective in the processing of the ore and it actualy works....very fulfilling!

Cheers

any chance of setting up a feeder /hopper of some sort ? I appreciate you have to moniter the feed rate closely though , or at least a flare /funnel on the in shute? just looked a bit tedious/pokey is all , ;)

Your spot on flash...a hopper or funnel is definitely needed and is on my to do list.

It seemed to get through it pretty quickly. If I poured a scoop in by the time I bent down and scooped up more ready to feed in, it had pretty much cleard itself by then.

I guess I was pretty eager to get the thing earning its keep :D
I also have to make a guard for the belts and pulleys.

Cheers

great vid and good results be nice to get into some higher gold content rock

nice engineering

Latest posts