Sedan accessible alluvial deposit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RjW

Reaction score
G'DAY*
Love to here response from those who have been prospecting alluvial deposits Sedan type vehicle's can access.
Hopping compile a list of places 4by4 is not required. . Please only comment if you personally traveled there with sedan. Thanks

I am located in the fraser coast Queensland don't mind the distance all locations have sedan access area are great too know cheers

Nundle NSW better get researching thanks

Mate heaps of spots to park everywhere you go I reakin rerember gold is where you find it and if you are planning on looking directly under the bridge or beside the river you have parked there's most likely none there be prepared to walk several hundred meters up beyond the bushes or past the deep crossing where the last fella did not there you will find the gold you seek ;)

Oallen Ford is one place. Parts of Tuena, too. Ill never forget seeing Bob (forget his user name) get his Toyota sedan down (and more impressively back up) the track to the Island at Tuena.

Before a brought my 4wd i used to access lots of places on the far south coast of nsw with a 2wd Triton ute, I just wouldn't attempt steep hills after wet weather.
Places like Gulph creek-Nerrigundah, Mogo creek and Ross ridge workings-Mogo, Yambulla- Off Imlay road, Browns Camp,Dry Plains River- Delegate, Lower Bendoc and Clarkesville- Bendoc all have access points for 2wd if you look at a decent map, There are many many more places but as Muzz said the easy to get to spots are normally slim pickings and the further you can walk in to more difficult areas the better your chances of finding some gold.

Plenty of places around Ararat in Vic, Beaufort aswell. A lot of tracks to the gold fields are well maintained and land smack in the middle of the diggings.

Latest posts