sdc2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all my wife wants to use her new sdc2300 in the salt water would you do it? i have worries about it

Never an issue in years of this use. Simply wash down after with fresh water
The only issue if you can call it that is make sure you remove and clean coil cover as quite an amount of sand gets in.
Minelab would soon have a disclosure up if salt water was an issue as hate to think how many have been used in the surf over the years since release and would have had many claim returns by now if it was an issue in any way ?
:Y:

I really wouldn't be putting my SDC 2300 in salt water. It's fine in creeks in the golden triangle.

If I go beach detecting I use a waterproof coil on my X-Terra 705.

Just my 2cents :)

Guys I've been detecting 12years now the last five underwater (scuba), I've used a Garrett Infinium,Whites beach hunter,Fisher cz,and current Garrett Sea Hunter.Ive dived with them all been neck deep in the ocean,waist deep,they all handled the water well but they all looked old and beaten up after a while,even after every use I rinsed them all.I also own a SDC would I take that in the salt water NEVER.

My Garrett ATX was a much more robust machine than the SDC and it came with as small tube of synthetic grease to help seal the battery holder o-rings. I would have happily taken the ATX swimming but we'll never submerse the SDC even though the manual says it's ok to do so.

Latest posts